lockscreen resolution?

Viperx45

Reaction score
I want to know what the exact resolution of the lockscreen image needs to be in order to perfectly fit in the lockscreen.

I know its not the screens full resolution of 320x480 because i tried that and i had to crop the height of the image alittle in order to make room for the phone's status bar.

if anyone can provide the status bars resolution or the exact resolution that would be awesome.
If not. well i figured i'd try to ask anyways

the reason i need to know is because i make my own wallpapers and when the phone crops or resizes and image for me. the resulting image is blurry and poor quality. having the exact resolution should fix the blur.

thanks.

drawbridgep

Reaction score
I create my wallpapers at 640x480 (like they are in the gallery here). My lock screen I was doing at 480x640 (logically), but this isn't quite right. There are small gaps above and below the image. So now I make them 480x680. When I set an image as the lock or wallpaper I get the green crop lines but the ratio is pretty close to the Eris.

I'm confused by your issue since the Eris seems to crop any image to the right size and not change the ratio to fit.

Just to humor me, try 480x680 and see what happens.