Lockscreen on OTA JB Update

Lester52

Reaction score
How can you bypass or disable the lockscreen function on our new J B Update. Every ph. call I recv. I have to unlock the screen to answer the call.
Thanks for any suggestions!

yaterml

Reaction score
It's in settings under security I believe. You shouldn't have to unlock to receive calls only make them.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
On my RAZR Maxx, on GB, ICS, and now on JB, my lock screen has four choices to "swipe" to, and one is "answer" (green phone icon). Does yours not have that?
Otherwise,
Menu--> System Settings-->Security & Screen Lock-->Screen Lock--> choose "None"

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Right ^ swipe up to answer in one move.

OP
L

Lester52

Reaction score
On my RAZR Maxx, on GB, ICS, and now on JB, my lock screen has four choices to "swipe" to, and one is "answer" (green phone icon). Does yours not have that?
Otherwise,
Menu--> System Settings-->Security & Screen Lock-->Screen Lock--> choose "None"

Thanks for the reply, I will try the swipe up !

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks ! I'll try swiping up !

Odd. On my Maxx, I swipe right to answer, left to ignore, up is text reply to the caller, and not sure what down is.
I don't see where I can change those either......
But first Lester, in the lock settings, it has to be set to "slide". We never asked if you use slide unlock, face unlock, pin unlock, or pattern unlock. What do you (or did you) have set for unlocking?

Edit: received a phone call and discovered that in the "slide unlock" choice, there is nothing downwards, just left, up, and right.

Last edited:

eshef

Reaction score
Is there any setting that lets you go back to the ICS buttons for answering, instead of slide? I can't find one. I have "none" selected in security, but I still have to swipe, and in a hurry I always manage to swipe in the wrong direction! :angry:

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there any setting that lets you go back to the ICS buttons for answering, instead of slide? I can't find one. I have "none" selected in security, but I still have to swipe, and in a hurry I always manage to swipe in the wrong direction! :angry:

I think you mean GB buttons. At least for me, ICS was the same as it is now on JB

Mike
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're right, of course. Senior moment, I guess. Do you have an answer?

I'm sorry, I just use the slide option and dont know of any other options.

Mike
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums