Lockscreen music controls

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by droidforsale, Dec 26, 2010.

1. droidforsale

droidforsale Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody where I can find this setting to enable music controls in lockscreen? I have BB 0.61 with original droid and 1 GHz slayher kernel

2. otter34

otter34 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It doesn't have it which is why I haven't yet switched to this ROM. In the 6.1 thread someone claimed that Pete might add it to 6.2,however I don't know how good that information is or how he would know. Someone also suggested using "cubed music" or 3...I don't know exactly but if you find out a way to control the music while the screen is locked w/ another app please let me know.

edit: Look down a few posts: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/108213-volume-key-long-press-skip-tracks.html

3. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    I run gummy which uses aosp lock screen so no music controlls. I use widget locker but the only problem is that the music widget is always on the lockscreen, not just when you're listening to music.

tappin and a talkin

4. scott craft

scott craft Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Is there any way to make the lock screen music controls work with slacker or iheartradio? My Windows Phone is able to do this and I am trying to make this work with the Rezound, but I'm not having any luck. Do I need a music player from the Play Store?

5. acejavelin

acejavelin Member

Ratings:
    +10
    The answer is, sort of... WinAmp can do this, it is my go to music player and has been for some time especially because I can sync music over WiFi from my PC by just having WinAmp on my PC. I also believe PowerAmp can do this as well. Note that they do not use the stock music player lockscreen controls though, but have a lockscreen that essentially rides on top of the stock lock screen, you unlock the media players lock (usually a simple tap in a certain spot), then unlock the default screen lock.

6. scott craft

scott craft Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I didn't have any luck getting winamp or poweramp working on the lockscreen with iheartradio.

7. marioval

marioval Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I think you misunderstood. Winamp has lock screen controls and so does poweramp but iheartradio does not. Winamp and poweramp will not allow you to use iheartradio on the lock screen, acejavelin was just suggesting alternatives.

8. scott craft

scott craft Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I guess I did misunderstand. Using slacker and iheartradio on the lock screen is what I'm trying to do. I had already tried the stock music player and poweramp. I'm starting to think this is something this phone can't do at this time.

9. acejavelin

acejavelin Member

Ratings:
    +10
    This is not a phone issues, it is an issue with those applications not having these controls imbedded in the application and the design of the software in the phone. The HTC Lockscreen Music controls are designed and intended to work only with the stock music app in the device, they are not "accessible" to other applications like the controls on an iPhone or Windows Mobile device's lockscreen. So basically you are correct, the phone can't do at this time.

10. scott craft

scott craft Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I guess I can stop scratching my head figuring out how to make this happen, lol. It is a convenient feature, but I can live without it. Thanks for responding.

11. batesapps

batesapps New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can try Media Utilities and WidgetLocker

I wrote it specifically to deal with that convenience issue. Missed it when I switched from IOS.

Search tags for this page
aosp lockscreen music controls
disable miui music control in lockscreen

disable miui music lockscreen

miui disable lock screen