Lockscreen help...

Droid419

Reaction score
SO..I was messing around in the market today trying out a bunch of free apps to see what they did.

The only app I kept was Dolphin Browser, I like it.

Anyways I downloaded and tried out "antivirus" (free). I scanned my phone and it pulled up a virus!!! Called SuperUser, LMAO. So after that I promptly uninstalled it because it seemed pretty useless.

Now here is my problem. While installed it put some text on my lockscreen, saying owner name and protected by blah blah. (They spelled protected wrong also, BTW :icon_eek:). After uninstalling IT LEFT THE TEXT ON MY LOCKSCREEN!!

Anyone know a quick fix for this problem? Any help would be great, I already contacted the developer and complained. :icon_evil:

OP
D

Droid419

Reaction score
Yep, powered off. Nada, still there.

Did a battery pull, waited 10 minutes or so, Nada again.

I would just use my backup file but I am afraid to do that because I did alot of modding to the app tray and weather widget and I'm not sure if I backed up after or not. Don't want to lose the work :soapbox:

OP
D

Droid419

Reaction score
Well, I tried what I thought might be a fix. I downloaded 'Contact Owner' from the Market, It displays your info on your lockscreen just like the antivirus did, I was hoping to change it, uninstall and be back to normal..

No dice, it left the new text I put on there using Contact Owner.

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
You might try installing the app again then removing it, my droid isn't rooted, but I just uninstalled it and the message was removed from my lock screen

OP
D

Droid419

Reaction score
You might try installing the app again then removing it, my droid isn't rooted, but I just uninstalled it and the message was removed from my lock screen

I tried 3 different times. Still there...

gibbonsd1

Reaction score
I fixed it by setting an alarm with Alarm Droid. It'll change the text to tell you what time the alarm was set for. After you turn the alarm off, the text goes back to normal.

I'm not sure if you can do it with the basic Clock application without installing Alarm Droid.