locks up on the motorola screen?

Discussion in 'Adamz' started by dawgintn, Mar 19, 2010.

1. dawgintn

dawgintn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I finally rooted my phone. did a backup, download the newest rom install it, have went though all the questions it ask, then its tells me it is done. So I reboot only to get to the Motorola screen and it just sits there. What am I doing wrong??

2. dawgintn

dawgintn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    let me add a few ? while im at it, sorry i sure this has all been answer, or is a really dumb ? but

Do u unzip the file before putting it on the sdcard?

I rooted and backup watching videos on youtube big help he said to put the rom file in the nandroid folder on here it says in the root of the sdcard

when and why would u put the rom in the nandroid folder??

Thanks guys I have learned so much in the last 2 days, trying to read as much as I can

3. jdeeg4276

jdeeg4276 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if you had followed the exact directions from the S G 6.0.1 then you will be fine. if you going off some one on u tube then you guess is as good as mine. mine stayed on the moto screen for a while. i followed the directions from the begining when AdamZ was making roms. so i would start over with the directions that he gives. smooth running machine now:icon_ banana:

4. ips

ips Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If your phone wont go past the moto M, its a kernel problem, either you booted with the wrong kernel (if you tried to instal a non compatible kernel) or you didnt instal SG 6.0 correctly, like its been said, try again, and try using the rom.tgz file, its very very easy to do.

If all else fails, go to Adamz kernel thread and try one of the low voltage kernels, its a rom.tgz file so after re installing sg 6.0, go back to the install screen and pick a kernel from the 2.1 kernel rom.

5. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I had the same problem. I was using the compressed zip file. When you unzip it, the file name ends with.tar. it needs to be.tgz. I downloaded the uncompressed file and copied it to the SD card and noticed I now had both files rather than overwritting the original. That is when I noticed the wrong extension. One attempt and it installed perfectly. Lots more questions and options when you do it right. You'll know when you get there. Oh...and it does not say 'done, enjoy' when it installs right. That was what kept throwing me.

Nate