1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Locking Bootlooping GNex?

Discussion in 'Galaxy Nexus Development' started by Oktavius, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Oktavius

Oktavius New Member

So I am stuck in a pickle. I think that there maybe a hardware issue with my phone. I noticed a few times over the last few days that my phone would make a noticeable pop and then reboot. Well, after doing it today, it gets to the lockscreen and then reboots. I have tried everything in recovery from wiping, to trying to reinstall backups, to trying to install updates. Seems to get errors when trying to update /data for some reason. Anyways, I think I am going to get my phone swapped but am a little concerned that it is unlocked. Is there a way to relock it from recovery? The only ways I know are using the Wug's toolkit. Thanks!
  2. trter10

trter10 Developer Developer

You need to use fastboot I'd assume. Keep in mind I don't own the phone

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
  3. Oktavius

Oktavius New Member

4. Oktavius

Oktavius New Member

Hmmm... after locking and reverting to stock recovery system I decided to see if it could wipe /data. Turns out it was successful and now the phone boots fine. Going to unlock, root, and reinstall everything. Weird.