1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Locking app

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by timrock, Dec 15, 2010.

1. timrock

timrock New Member

is there an app that will allow me to lock a folder so that its contents are not seen. for example, if i lock a movie in a folder, i dont want it to show up when i open my movie player. any suggestions?
  2. harrellj

harrellj New Member

You can put a file named .nomedia into any folder and it won't show up in the gallery, though it'll still be accessible through the file system. App Protector Pro - Android app on AppBrain will let you password protect any app (so the password is required before it'll launch) and I'm sure there are file protection apps as well, but I can't remember the names of any of them.

For your purposes, it sounds like the .nomedia file will be the best option.
  3. timrock

timrock New Member

I'll try out that first option. Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Search tags for this page

android folder lock

lock my apps in a lockable folde app