Locked vs unlocked bootloader

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Definitely worth trouble, especially with z4. Not sure if it's back in market but yeah just a app. Takes a minute or 2 to get root with it. You can still do roms, over/under clock, etc. And gingerbread almost doubled my battery life. Plus, Real HDMI, Titanium Backup, and all the screen capture apps require root.

sandfreak

Reaction score
Definitely worth trouble, especially with z4. Not sure if it's back in market but yeah just a app. Takes a minute or 2 to get root with it. You can still do roms, over/under clock, etc. And gingerbread almost doubled my battery life. Plus, Real HDMI, Titanium Backup, and all the screen capture apps require root.

does z4root also install a recovery?

Edit: never mind, looks like I'll need koush's dx bootstrap recovery from the market.

Last edited:

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Yup, bootstrap. And I like rom manager, which gives you clockwork as well. IIRC, u need d2 bootstrap to get gingerbread, dx wouldn't work. That may have changed by now, but look into it.

sandfreak

Reaction score
Yup, bootstrap. And I like rom manager, which gives you clockwork as well. IIRC, u need d2 bootstrap to get gingerbread, dx wouldn't work. That may have changed by now, but look into it.

So are you saying instead of the bootstrap we can just download rom manager for clockworkmod?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums