locked out

stuck htc eris

Reaction score
my new htc eris is locked and I can not recall the swipe password I put in it. I did not establish a gmail account, so sync never took place. I just set up a gmail account. How do I get back into it without a hard reset, or how do I back up my #s before a hard reset?

Last edited:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum! I think you're going to have to go to Verizon to fix that problem. Good luck!

Soot

Reaction score
My phone black sceens me every so often too. Track ball is flashing, stuff is happening and I can't get into my phone, WTF. I take the back off, remove the battery for a few seconds, reinstall the battery and I'm back to normal. What ever normal is on a droid??!!

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
my new htc eris is locked and I can not recall the swipe password I put in it. I did not establish a gmail account, so sync never took place. I just set up a gmail account. How do I get back into it without a hard reset, or how do I back up my #s before a hard reset?

Not sure posting how to thwart a locked phone's security on a public website is such a good idea, even if such a method existed.

I would call Verizon, they are the only ones that can verify you are the owner of the phone before helping you.

Bluehand

Reaction score

Not sure posting how to thwart a locked phone's security on a public website is such a good idea, even if such a method existed.

I would call Verizon, they are the only ones that can verify you are the owner of the phone before helping you.

Good point, LWA. :)

Re the OP, I thought we HAD to have a GMAIL account to even start using these phones?
Not that I'm complaining about that, that part just stood out to me. I could be wrong on this though.