Locked out? gmail password wont work

skb7

Reaction score
My phone has a message sim card removed you must sign in to verify. my gmail address shows up yet when I type in my password it says one of them is incorrect. I spoke with verizon who said chec on computer to see if I can log in to gmail, which I can so I know the password is correct. They are sending me a new sim card Mon or tues. (its thurs night.-uncacceptable to have no phone for that long! Any answers please? I turned off phone, removed sim card, left out a minute, replaced. turned onphone, same message. Thanks!

overresearched

Reaction score
I found this post on the xda-developers forum. I have no idea if it works but might be worth a shot:

[Q] SIM recently removed, verify identity [Archive] - xda-developers

7th March 2012, 02:20 PM​

If anyone is curious I actually found a temp fix for this!! What you do is you restart your phone, as soon as it turns on, quickly turn airplane mode on. Your phone works perfectly now...its just useless. SO TO FIX THAT. You must then go to wireless settings and turn on wifi. Our main goal is to remove your email from accounts, in my case, it was my verizon yahoo email. I think its whatever email shows up for you to verify. If you try removing it over wifi though it will have a server error.

So since you can at least go in the market now (or google play now or whatever lol) you should download an app called LockMenu (free version) that will replace your lockscreen and it has a slider to go directly to your home launcher, once that works fine you can turn airplane mode off. (Your home button and notification bar dont work right now btw) In any case now that your phones data is on again you can now just go to accounts and remove the cursed email.

Now just reboot, and you shouldn't have the error! :D

OP
S

skb7

Reaction score
Wow, thank you! I think that is what the tech had me do the first time this happened. I've only had the phone since Feb 2nd and this happened again. This time these instructions were not given so it didnt work.(And I didnt remember all the steps) They said I needed a new sim card. Went to verizon today, new sim card, same problem. He did something and was able to change my password, ended up restting everything which removed the gmail. changed password and set it up again. I'd prefer to leave email off but was told gmail is needed on there for the google phone or something. Hoping it doesnt happen again or may wonder about a windows phone or iphone.. Thank you so much!!:biggrin:

mal_eskrito

Reaction score
This is a known issue with the latest OTA update 2.3.6. all you have to do is reboot the phone until you gain access again. this happen to me twice on my girlfriends phone.