Locked Bootloader?

Reaction score
Exactly why I defected. Lol

OPTIMUS124

Reaction score
I am so tempted to buy this phone. Why doesn't Motorola do what HTC has done and provide a way for the bootloader to be unlocked after it has been shipped?

bishoy

Reaction score
Verizon doesn't seem to care too much about their customers. We have been waiting for this Droid4 for a long time now.... we have known about it since late october/early november. most of us are way too pissed off to even consider buying it anymore.

AND on top of that we have been begging motorola for over a year now to unlock the bootloaders. and Motorola said they will have unlockable droid RAZRs. but guess what? Verizon won't allow the RAZRs on their network to be unlocked.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Droid 5 will probably be released in July as well...

Source please.

[crickets]
That's what I thought. None.

If you're trying to be funny, you're not.
Not saying it's not true... but doubtful that's going to happen.
[h=3]Motorola to Slow it's Product Releases[/h]

------
Ohh if you want something funny, my coworker got a white iphone (not the funny part). Her text message notification is a cricket sound. Her DIL had the same tone and at a meeting it went off. Everyone became suddently quiet. When she looked up someone said, "we were wondering where the cricket sound was coming from, we even called the exterminators and they've been trying to find them." :)

blackmagick20

Reaction score
Yea...the "Droid 10 will be released 2 weeks later" 'jokes' are horribly unfunny and well beyond ran into the ground by now. We get it...Motorola is quick to release phones

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

tdpolo26

Reaction score
Yea...the "Droid 10 will be released 2 weeks later" 'jokes' are horribly unfunny and well beyond ran into the ground by now. We get it...Motorola is quick to release phones

excellent comment been needing to be said for a long time....

i am so sick of of all the gnex trolls in this forum.... i wish they would get out of here unless they really have a interest in the droid 4 otherwise take your trolling and dumb comments....

blackmagick20

Reaction score
excellent comment been needing to be said for a long time....

i am so sick of of all the gnex trolls in this forum.... i wish they would get out of here unless they really have a interest in the droid 4 otherwise take your trolling and dumb comments....

Yea...they seem to be ruining every Android site lately. The funny thing is all the other people complaining about the Nexus and the problems they're having with it. Some of them with enough problems to return it for a different phone. I miss the good old days before smart phones when they actually worked as...you know...phones first. No one got on message boards to put anyone else down to make their own purchase feel justified. I enjoy my D3 because I can see it out in plain sunlight (a big plus living on a farm), I have a physical keyboard I can feel, and my battery generally will last well over a full day of hard use.

tdpolo26

Reaction score
Yea...they seem to be ruining every Android site lately. The funny thing is all the other people complaining about the Nexus and the problems they're having with it. Some of them with enough problems to return it for a different phone. I miss the good old days before smart phones when they actually worked as...you know...phones first. No one got on message boards to put anyone else down to make their own purchase feel justified. I enjoy my D3 because I can see it out in plain sunlight (a big plus living on a farm), I have a physical keyboard I can feel, and my battery generally will last well over a full day of hard use.

i wish my droid 2 global would last 5 hours of gps and 3 web lookups... i dont get this phone it takes for ever to load pages droid life can take a few min. and it kills 10 percent of the battery... i am hoping with the 4g speed and dual core maybe it will be a bit better... the processors tend to use less power and the radio wont need to operate as long to down load the page which means i wont keep the screen on as long. Who knows it could get worst...even though this thing does not have a removable battery i dont worry i am always in my car and my phone can get charged all the time. plus i m sure someone will make a bigger battery or they will make a case that is a battery for clipping on for extended usage if needed..... hey question for you guys... does anyone make a battery brick that charges usb devices... it might be a very usefull thing for travel i could leave it in my bag and just charge as needed when i travel

Last edited:

blackmagick20

Reaction score
I'm definitely sure that with the D4 being LTE, the battery life will be even worse. That's probably the only thing that will keep me from upgrading my D3 to that. LTE is much less important than battery life to me. LTE doesn't help me send/receive texts or calls any faster, so it isn't that big of a deal. It doesn't matter how fast your data connection is...it's no good at all when your phone is dead

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I don't have something that charges USB devices, but I bought a recharger that can plug into a USB and then charge my phone if needed. Got this when the battery suggested for D1 users here in the forum didn't work.

Sent from my Droid 1 using DroidForums

tdpolo26

Reaction score
I'm definitely sure that with the D4 being LTE, the battery life will be even worse. That's probably the only thing that will keep me from upgrading my D3 to that. LTE is much less important than battery life to me. LTE doesn't help me send/receive texts or calls any faster, so it isn't that big of a deal. It doesn't matter how fast your data connection is...it's no good at all when your phone is dead

i was actually thinking about screen power.... the screen uses a ton of power generally it is my biggest power drain....when i look how my battery is spent... many times it is because the stupid thing is taking ten years to lookup a webpage... my line of thought was if it does it quick thats less time i use the screen. i am a little dipleased about non removable battery but all my friends have iphones and they last forever... i heard at his something to do with the battery and the casing. my wifes iphone 4s last forever granted its 3g but it destroys my droid 2 global in battery life i would have to use to batteries to get what she does.

tdpolo26

Reaction score
I don't have something that charges USB devices, but I bought a recharger that can plug into a USB and then charge my phone if needed. Got this when the battery suggested for D1 users here in the forum didn't work.

Sent from my Droid 1 using DroidForums
i wish there was something like a highoutput laptop battery device that i could plug my droid into when needed..... that could be hp's(or any other company) next thing .... carry a spare battery that you snap into a thin mount and charge any usb devices.... imagine the mass appeal ....carry a second battery and use it for more then just your laptop....