Locked bootloader AND a non removable battery?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 4' started by ThisIsMyName, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Crf450r420

Crf450r420 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh, yeah. I wasn't trying to say it was a reality. Just saying I'm not buying a phone that will leave me with a dead battery about 3 days a week. My Droid 2 battery isn't as good as the Droid 4, but I carry extra batteries in my pocket. I always say name one useful part on your car when the dead battery is dead and it looks like I need to roll that over to phones. I often can't charge my phone mid day and don't want a cord on my wireless phone during the day. If it's going to have a cord it will be headphones while I walk around and listen to music.

The rest of the phone is everything I want and more. Size is bigger, but it's better. Keyboard feels great and the 5 row is an addition I wanted without knowing. Larger cam can never hurt. The front cam for video chat would be great. I guess I'll just wait a while. If they don't do a battery upgrade. I will probably wait for LTE to hit my area (they say later this year) and then look again.

2. fastpat

fastpat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the optional 1820mAh battery that was available for the Droid 2, that fit my Droid one. Slight color difference that went unnoticed by everyone, worked great. I prefer the removable battery, but will leave that to other smart folks who will probably work that out.

3. DrakeFS

DrakeFS New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A locked bootloader is only bad if you use custom roms... I don't so it doesnt bother me.
    Tethering can be done without rooting.

The Battery is what it is, I still have the original battery in my Droid (OG). I do carry chargers with me, but I have always done that with my cell phones.

4. Crf450r420

Crf450r420 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I just ordered the Razr Maxx and got it 2 for 1. All the features in the world mean nothing with a dead battery. Having a cord on your cell phone is a step backwards, so no thanks. I tried to to think of how the battery locked in made them more money, but I don't see it.

As for the locked boat loader. My D1 had gingerbread before my D2 because of Chevy No1. Now that phone is getting dated, but it will have ICS before my Razr. Now these new phones are getting to the point that they have enough hardware to stay useful much longer, but the locked boatloader will help force people to upgrade sooner than needed. That is why they do it. Just follow the money.

5. TC_Mits

TC_Mits Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It didn't make money. The plastic bag battery actually costs more to manufacture. It has zero-zip-zilch performance advantage to the user. But -- it can be made really skinny. So -- it was all about the name (RAZR) and the image of an anorexic handset.

Perspective instantiates reality.
    ( By DX w/DF app. )

6. Crf450r420

Crf450r420 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    That makes way more sense than it's to make more money that I had been reading in posts on here.

Search tags for this page
bootloader samsung straosphere
does samsung windows have droid razr m non removable
does the samsung galaxy stratosphere ii have a locked bootlo

droid 4 non removable battery

droid bionic non removable battery
droid razr bootloader low battery not removable
how to boot an android with a non removable battery
how to change non removable battery
samsung stratosphere charger melted!