Lockdown Email Services / Encrypt Question

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I am trying to find an app or a way to lockdown Email/Calendaring etc Similar to what Touchdown does for exchange(or if Touchdown can do the following)

The carot App and similar is a good lock down for Apps but doesn't control where they store thre data (So I have the following Questions)

If you hand your phone to someone they can't read your messages (Using Acrot App or similar) and it seems the anrdoid OS does not fully lock doown or encrypt your messages as far as I can tell .As the data for messages / calandars etc is shared amongst Any app that is installed and allowed "to read/edit" the data when you Install it.
So Carrot App(Or Similar) works pretty good unless another app has acces to the same data and you haven't locked it down as you don't know the app has access.
Additionally if you phone is lost or you or someone Roots your Phone I don't know how well the data is protected. Whomever can provide more detail on wiether your data is safe orr not it would be interesting to know.

For Additional Security I would Like to know if the following exists or could be added to android os or APPS
APPPS like email services etc that have apps like GMAIL/AOL/YAhoo etc ..
Should Have the option For
Password protect your Login(Currenly they like them to your gmail and they seem to autosign in) and have a timeout (say 15 Minutes(and Customizable)) on thier Apps.
I believe Touchdown has these features bu only works with Exchange.
I would use touch down to access other email sources like AOL/YAhoo/Gmail if it was supported.

Suggestions Anyone?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Not even one reply?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think Google is still working on there encryption services to make things more streamlined.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I think containerized apps that have a PW and encrypt data on the phone are the way to go now. But app protector on android is still a good lock down app for those that don't have this built in