lock shortcuts in place

sugee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
is there a way to locked my shortcuts in place so they don't shift round the page or get moved from the home page ti another

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Not that I have found on stock Apps. I am always missing one to ( mostly the command center with weather and Batt. stuff on it just flies away )

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
You can do this with a 3rd party launcher, like Nova or Go.

Always the first thing I install. Mainly because I hate that damn Google Tool Bar you can't remove...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

Always the first thing I install. Mainly because I hate that damn Google Tool Bar you can't remove...
The Google search bar? You can remove that... That's been an option for months now. Long press home screen, settings, turn off Google search.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm with Pere. There are many third party launchers on the Play Store and quite a few of them allow you to "lock" icons/widgets in place.

OP
sugee

sugee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo

thanks.....as I get more skilled at this I will try the nova launcher Have been reading up on it

if I download it am I able to go back to the original one?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
You can go back anytime..

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
You can even run them simultaneously which is what I do any time I try a new Launcher.
After you install a new one and press HOME you will get that old "Just this one time" or "Always do this" option.
If you press "just this time" every time you press home you are basically running both and can switch between them quickly.
A couple reasons I do this but #1 being: it makes it easier to config the new launcher when you can quickly see what your old one looked like.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You can even run them simultaneously which is what I do any time I try a new Launcher.
After you install a new one and press HOME you will get that old "Just this one time" or "Always do this" option.
If you press "just this time" every time you press home you are basically running both and can switch between them quickly.
A couple reasons I do this but #1 being: it makes it easier to config the new launcher when you can quickly see what your old one looked like.
I do the same thing to make setup easier, though I'm running Google Now Launcher now, so that changed things up a bit.