Lock Screen

GVLBob

Reaction score
I noticed a couple of days ago that when I go into the settings for screen lock that Swipe, Face unlock, Face and voice and None are all grayed out so they can not be chosen. They have a message under them that say "disabled by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage". I never disabled anything, no encryption, and under credential storage under user there are none and other device there are a lot, some in foreign languages but sure those just part of the software. Any ideas on what may be the issue? Have already rebooted.

Do you have FoxFi?

Looks like you have loaded a credential on your phone. This would have to be removed before you can activate those less-secure screen locks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

m3incorp

Reaction score
Do you have FoxFi?

I do believe that FoxFi and or Lookout was the culprit. The video mentioned above does show how to return everything to normal.

GVLBob

Reaction score
I do believe that FoxFi and or Lookout was the culprit. The video mentioned above does show how to return everything to normal.

Just understand that if you created the credential as part of your setting up FoxFi, removing that credential will impact how FoxFi works (starts up specifically).

I would try out FoxFi once the credentials are cleared to make sure you are OK with the result.

m3incorp

Reaction score
Just understand that if you created the credential as part of your setting up FoxFi, removing that credential will impact how FoxFi works (starts up specifically).

I would try out FoxFi once the credentials are cleared to make sure you are OK with the result.

I understand what you mean. I un-installed Foxfi and will reinstall when I do find that I need it. To be honest, I very seldom use Foxfi. I have it for those rare times that I'm not near WiFi and have something pressing to do on the tablet. Thanks.

humphreyml

Reaction score
QUOTE=lgtrumpet;2420068]Jadesaber2,
Wow, that certainly makes sense! I do remember FoxFi showing that message before allowing me to use the app so apparently that is what happened. I assume that will happen when ever the app is used. I use FoxFi when I am not able to connect to WiFi with my ipad2 or lap top to provide a hot spot. Actually, it probably is not a bad idea to use a lock screen for security, it is just that I prefer to have the option. Thanks, you have been very helpful Jadesaber2!![/QUOTE]

You CAN get rid of the screenlock password and reset it back to "slide!" This worked for me...

Set a PATTERN lock. Try entering an INCORRECT pattern 5-10 times. It will then show screen saying it will lock for 30 seconds. There will also be a "Forgot Pattern" option above it that you can click on. Click on "Forgot Pattern." There will then be a request for you to enter your Gmail address and password. Enter them and VOILÁ...look at settings and screenlock is reset to slide:)

Jettaguy2003

Reaction score
You just made my day!!! Thanks soooo much for that post!! Altho I don't mind the slide pattern to unlock so no one at work gets into my phone, it is a pain at home, so to be able to swipe back to normal is awesome!! Ty TY!

trucker1

Reaction score
Some phone models may support the following way to remove the lock
screen while keeping the certificate: set a pattern lock and try to
unlock the phone with a "bad pattern" for 5-10 times, it will show you
an error message, close the message and on the lock screen you should
see a "Forgot Pattern?" link somewhere. Select it and enter your
gmail/password. After these steps the screen lock will be removed

If that does not work for your phone, then there is no way to avoid the
screen lock but you can use a Pattern lock instead of PIN lock.