Lock screen

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can vouch for the 3g hack. I used wireless tether for quite a while and now I am using the DarkSlide3g and it seems to work just as smoothly. The wireless tether app didnt work for me on DS, but thanks to this fine community I was not in the slums for long... :)

Not to be rude, but anything in the add-ons folder has been extensively tested and performs as advertised, otherwise BBCrackman and GatesJunior would not have included it ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I am most sorry if I said something that was rude. I was actually giving a IT WORKS for me. That is referring to the 3g app in the folder that you yourself guided me to in another thread. The wireless tether app that didnt work for me is the one that has the green wiring icon.

No worries jayboe. Don't think your post was rude at all. Neither was JMT's. I read them both a couple of times and all I got from it is the apps work lol :)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

NattyBee

Reaction score
I can vouch for the 3g hack. I used wireless tether for quite a while and now I am using the DarkSlide3g and it seems to work just as smoothly. The wireless tether app didnt work for me on DS, but thanks to this fine community I was not in the slums for long... :)

Not to be rude, but anything in the add-ons folder has been extensively tested and performs as advertised, otherwise BBCrackman and GatesJunior would not have included it ;)

I am most sorry if I said something that was rude. I was actually giving a IT WORKS for me. That is referring to the 3g app in the folder that you yourself guided me to in another thread. The wireless tether app that didnt work for me is the one that has the green wiring icon.

You said nothing rude ;) I was apologizing in advance in case my own comment was perceived as rude... sorry for the confusion :p

vine

Reaction score
Is there any way to get rid of the initial lock screen while keeping the password lock screen? I have incredible 2. Thanks

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
Is there any way to completely disable the lock screen? To just hit the power button and be in business?

shockwave72

Reaction score
Yes there is. Go to. Settings>location and security>set up screen lock>click none and you should be in business

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
That only disables the password/pin/pattern functions. Im talking about disabling even the slide to unlock.

shockwave72

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I believe you can completely disable the slider in Android 4.0, because I have it disabled on my Archos 80 G9. Why do you want to disable the slider anyway?

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
I just don't see the point. Three years on android and i've always wanted to be rid of it. If I hit the button I want to use the phone. Just don't want that other step

doogald

Reaction score
Well, the lockscreen is there to prevent the phone from doing something if it is powered on while in your pocket (i.e., accidental press of the power button; some notifications and events power the phone's display.) But, I agree, for those who want to disable it, it should be disableable.

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
Figured it out. "No Lock" in the market or any of its clones. Just what I was looking for

cmoran31

Reaction score
Interesting, my droid 3 just locked up on me yesterday. I used it in the am and when I went to use it after about 10 minutes my slide unlock was frozen. So I went to verizon and they sent me a new phone for just the price of shipping. Unfortunatly all of the data I had stored on my old phone is locked up and I haven't been able to retrieve it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

jcwilliams

Reaction score
4uqy3etu.jpg
So I Have somehow set a pin type password on my phone and now I can't disable it. I use widget locker instead.

It happened when I was setting up foxfi for work use. It asked me to setup the code. I thought it was just going to be used for foxfi but I guess not.

I have a screen shot of my settings. And disable says something about administrator disabled it. I wiped data from foxfi and it didn't fix it.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

GVLBob

Reaction score
Go to screen lock settings and switch it there. You may have to remove the certificate that FoxFi created.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2