Lock screen

mikehal38

Reaction score
Is there a way to change the lock screen on this rom? I'm not a huge fan of it and I was just curious.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to change the lock screen on this rom? I'm not a huge fan of it and I was just curious.

If you installed the 4.2 ROM and not the 4.2 update there is a invisible lock slider in the add-ons folder in Root Explorer. Located on sdcard.

It can also be located through Clockwork. Select install zip from sdcard, choose zip from sdcard, darkslide and then add-ons.

The name of the file is>>> DarkSlideBlur_Update_V4.2_CLS

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

Psyman

Reaction score
I know this will sound redundant, but if its invisible ...how will ya find it?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know this will sound redundant, but if its invisible ...how will ya find it?

You just need to know where its at:) I liked it but I use the app NoLock. I like none.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

OP
M

mikehal38

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I didn't realize there were extras on the sd card.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I didn't realize there were extras on the sd card.

NP. But it is clear. Like I said, I like it but I don't use any slider right now. Prefer hitting a button and going :)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

OP
M

mikehal38

Reaction score
Oh and I saw that the stock swype theme is in there also so those blank buttons I was talking about the other day are now fixed also, so double thanks lol.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh and I saw that the stock swype theme is in there also so those blank buttons I was talking about the other day are now fixed also, so double thanks lol.

Nice! No problem :)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

OP
M

mikehal38

Reaction score
Another question about the add-ons. I can't remember the exact name of the file but it had 3g at the end of it(darkslide3g). Is that the 3g cap remover that I've been seeing a lot about on other roms?

NattyBee

Reaction score
Another question about the add-ons. I can't remember the exact name of the file but it had 3g at the end of it. Is that the 3g cap remover that I've been seeing a lot about on other roms?

that is the 3G NVRAM hack...which will allow you to use the 3G Hotspot app free. ;)

OP
M

mikehal38

Reaction score
Oh that's cool. Does it work better than the wireless tether app in the marketplace?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh that's cool. Does it work better than the wireless tether app in the marketplace?

I've never used the Wireless Tether app from Market, so I can't compare. All I can do is confirm this one works :)

jayboe

Reaction score

I can vouch for the 3g hack. I used wireless tether for quite a while and now I am using the DarkSlide3g and it seems to work just as smoothly. The wireless tether app didnt work for me on DS, but thanks to this fine community I was not in the slums for long... :)

NattyBee

Reaction score

I can vouch for the 3g hack. I used wireless tether for quite a while and now I am using the DarkSlide3g and it seems to work just as smoothly. The wireless tether app didnt work for me on DS, but thanks to this fine community I was not in the slums for long... :)

Not to be rude, but anything in the add-ons folder has been extensively tested and performs as advertised, otherwise BBCrackman and GatesJunior would not have included it ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jayboe

Reaction score

Not to be rude, but anything in the add-ons folder has been extensively tested and performs as advertised, otherwise BBCrackman and GatesJunior would not have included it ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I am most sorry if I said something that was rude. I was actually giving a IT WORKS for me. That is referring to the 3g app in the folder that you yourself guided me to in another thread. The wireless tether app that didnt work for me is the one that has the green wiring icon.