Lock screen / pattern Question /Settings

Discussion in 'Motorola Milestone' started by DAGr8, Jan 8, 2010.

1. DAGr8

DAGr8 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, i wanna change my lock screen and the way it behaves , I have tested some widget but none of them give me what I really want ,

I dont want to create a pattern , I want 'premade' pattern for example I am using DXTOP and the home screen comes with a ' skinned ' unlock I would rather use the default one witch is sort of a curve while the one of dxtop is a straight line but it is a tad too long and it bothers me , how to revert to the old one or where to find alternates , also about the lock screen , how do I change not only the lock delay but the way it behaves for example mine becomes all black once it locks , I d like it to dim a lot and then have the option not to use hardware only the onscreen one (or the opposite ) it might all sound complicated but truth is its not / or am I too demanding ? sorry if I am hard to read .. any help is appreciated ..
  2. MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I think I understand what you're asking.

The straight unlock slider was introduced with the Android 2.0.1 update. The previous software version 2.0.0 had the curved unlock slider which many people seem to have liked better (me included) I wish there was an option to change it, but sadly there is not. There may be an app that can change the slider, but I don't know.

As far as leaving your screen on but dimmed after the phone locks, I think you will notice that if you did that, your battery wouldn't last longer than a few hours...but it's not possible anyway unless you download an app. There are apps that let you remove the "slide to unlock" screen also so you just use the button to turn on and unlock the phone.
  3. DAGr8

DAGr8 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thx for the fast response yes that is exactly what I was aiming at , and btw I am on the milestone so still running 2.0 , its my dxtop skin witch is using the straight slider (much like the 2.01 I am guessing) .
  4. Bossman74

Bossman74 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't mind the slider, but is there a way to change the clock on the lock screen ???
  5. harpreetgill21

harpreetgill21 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    lockbot

i use lockbot, you can customize the clock and there's a few different sliders
  6. MM1 Payne (US Navy)

MM1 Payne (US Navy) Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive used that app and its quite worthless, It looks very cheap and just something about it dosent feel right... Don't waste your time fellas. I'm on the lookout for a decent unlock pattern screen Maself.
Search tags for this page

android disable emergency call

disable emergency call android

how to disable emergency call on android

how to remove a pattern screen lock from droid 2

how to remove emergency call from lock screen

how to remove emergency contact from the lock screen of an a

how to remove pattern lock

moto x how do i change screen unlock sequence

remove emergency call from lock screen

samsung galaxy disable emergency dialer