Lock screen not activating.

tecwizrd

Reaction score
I am running Hexen ROM. When I lock the phone with the power button, the lock screen fails to activate. Just wondering if this is a me problem, or is anyone else having this problem.

Ok. After checking myself, I find that if I lock the screen with power button or let it time out, the screen locks. If I slide the screen over the keyboard and back open the screen unlocks to the desktop.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

joeyx2

Reaction score
I have this problem with the pattern lock but works good when u set lock screen to none

gthotie5

Reaction score
I was just about to post about this.
I have the same problem.

gthotie5

Reaction score
Ok setting lockscreen to None fixes the problem.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I think that has something to do with how Fenuxx modded the lockscreens. He made it so it *should* go straight to the pattern/number lock screen rather than having to slide and then put in pattern/code.

OP
tecwizrd

tecwizrd

Reaction score
Ok so an update. I set a password for the lock screen. The screen will not lock while the keyboard is open.

I press the power button and it shuts the screen off, then when I press the button again it flashes the password screen and goes straight into what ever I was doing at the time.

I think if I am not mistaken, maybe this is a feature so to speak. The screen does lock after it dims on its own. With the keyboard down.

Fenuxx

Vermilion
Developer
Reaction score
Settings -> Location & Security -> Security Lock timer. Change it to when screen is off. This setting changes the amount of time after the screen turns off before it engages the security lock you have in place. You can change it to whatever you like.

The default setting is 2 minutes, I believe. Which is why the lock isn't engaging when you turn the screen off and then back on.

ds28

Reaction score
Settings -> Location & Security -> Security Lock timer. Change it to when screen is off. This setting changes the amount of time after the screen turns off before it engages the security lock you have in place. You can change it to whatever you like.

The default setting is 2 minutes, I believe. Which is why the lock isn't engaging when you turn the screen off and then back on.

That does fix the problem, however it necessitates entering your passcode every time you wake the phone. Any other fixes we could try? Would installing a stock lock screen over it fix it?

thanks!

Dolfns99

Reaction score
Beings we are on the subject of lockscreens. How do I disable the hexen lockscreen so my other lockscreen will show always when locked

Fenuxx

Vermilion
Developer
Reaction score
That does fix the problem, however it necessitates entering your passcode every time you wake the phone. Any other fixes we could try? Would installing a stock lock screen over it fix it?

thanks!

What exactly is it that you're looking for? Either the lock screen waits 20 mins before it activates, meaning, every time you lock the phone or the phone auto sleeps, if you wake it up before that 20 minute timer has expired, it's going to skip the lockscreen. Or, you can set it to always engage the screen lock when the screen turns off, mandating that you enter your chosen unlock pattern/PIN/password every time.

This is how it works in AOSP, stock, un-molested Android. What exactly is it you want the phone to do when you turn the screen off or the screen auto sleeps?

Beings we are on the subject of lockscreens. How do I disable the hexen lockscreen so my other lockscreen will show always when locked

Other lockscreen? Are you referring to WidgetLocker? If that's the case, there's a setting to disable the system lockscreen within WidgetLocker's settings, I believe.

OP
tecwizrd

tecwizrd

Reaction score
Just another update. I solved the problem by setting a lock pattern and then setting it to lock after 2minutes. Now when the screen locks, either after the time limit or if I manually lock it the screen stays locked. Before it would unlock just by sliding the keyboard up.

Hope that clears things up a bit.