Lock screen is disabled... i can't turn it back on.

xpbr2000

Reaction score
this is how it happened,

I put it in standby mode
connected my charger (it went into charge only mode)
i think i pressed and held the power button to power it back up and unplugged it at the same time.
now my lock screen is disabled and no lock screen toggle apps will correct it.
I really don't like not having a lock screen. how do i get my Lock screen back

Liberty 3 2.0
DX

thanks for your help

Savagerun

Reaction score
Did you try to boot into clockwork and reflash liberty again with just a cache wipe? Just don't wipe data.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
X

xpbr2000

Reaction score
Did you try to boot into clockwork and reflash liberty again with just a cache wipe? Just don't wipe data.

reflashed with cache wipe, no change. :sad-b:

Savagerun

Reaction score
You can always go to the next step and wipe data this time also. Just make sure your apps are backed up with titanium backup or whatever you use. If you made a Nandroid backup of liberty before things went bad you can restore that. I know it's sucks having to redo everything but i don't know of any other option.

Ansextra

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I reinstalled from scratch. I couldn't find any other way to fix it. Luckily I had Titanium. I also use ADW so that restored my screens after my programs were reinstalled.
Good luck!

OP
X

xpbr2000

Reaction score
Yeah the bad thing is if I disable it again.... ill have to wipe and do it again. It happened in 1.0. I flashed 2.0 in the hopes to correct it. But to no success. It locks the screen after a call which is weird but not after a screen on. Oh well. Maybe ill get the nerve to wipe it again. Right now I'm just going to deal with it. Thank for the input :)

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
X

xpbr2000

Reaction score
I've been looking up commands like reenablekeyguard() but i've only been sctaching the surface of programming. is there any way to issue these in the terminal or somthing? i'm sure has a very low chance to work as the apps like mylock probably use the same commands to enable and disable the lock screen.

OP
X

xpbr2000

Reaction score
The wipe data and reflash rom fixed it the first time. now that i've done it again.... i really want to find a solution. it seems when i press the power button to turn the screen back on it unlocks automatically. i can use a screen lock widget to activate the unlock screen, but as soon as the screen turns off and i press the button.... same issue. it clears the unlock screen as if i used the slider. :mad:

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Here is what you do either go to your provider or plug usb into phone and computer and it should pop up your phone's files browse through till you see reset and then present OR look for sercurity and find this file Security;lock then click it and it should say it us locked click it and it will say "Reset" click it and it should be fixed ; )

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

Savagerun

Reaction score
The wipe data and reflash rom fixed it the first time. now that i've done it again.... i really want to find a solution. it seems when i press the power button to turn the screen back on it unlocks automatically. i can use a screen lock widget to activate the unlock screen, but as soon as the screen turns off and i press the button.... same issue. it clears the unlock screen as if i used the slider. :mad:

Wow your still dealing with that issue. Just sbf your phone it's quick and simple. That will fix your issue unless it's a hardware issue which is unlikely. Do the 4.5.602 root iso in this link http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/d...-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html there's a step by step video in that link also. After you sbf you'll root you phone again using zergrush or d3 one click root. Then you can make a nandroid backup of your stock rooted rom before installing liberty again. The nandroid backup can come in handy if you ever mess up again.

OP
X

xpbr2000

Reaction score
OK, let me clear up a few things. I've caused this issue as posted in the OP. i fixed it by wiping data and reflash of the rom. I perfer not to do that again. this is likely not the last time i accidently cause this to happen as stated in later posts. I would rather find the piece of code or script i need to run to stop the bypassing of the lock screen.

@AqworldThunder you instructions are very vague. First, plugging the into the PC via USB brings up the SDcard content witch does not have system files on it. second, i used root explorer to look for anything on the phone called security, lock, reset, etc. I do not find anything in your talking about.

Let me say i know 1 way to fix this issue. Data wipe + reflash. I want to find another way. it was caused by apps, i dont see why it cant be repaired by an app/script.

OP
X

xpbr2000

Reaction score
nothing? nobody's got anything? surely this can be repaired without a wipe and reflash? i'm going to try to just reflash and see if maybe it will work this time. if nobody has any suggestions then i'll just never use the sleep mode. i can just turn on airplane mode.

OP
X

xpbr2000

Reaction score
well a reflash didn't work however a nandroid restore from a month ago did fix it. I still lost about a months worth of stuff.