lock screen is bypassable, need a way to fix it

bassist516

Reaction score
Hello. I'm just starting to understand how to use my droid 4, and i realized that despite having a pattern lock, i could still access my phone by sliding into the camera app, then hitting the home key. My question is, is there some way to remove the camera slider thing from the lockscreen, so that no one can get into my phone without doing the pattern? Thank you!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hello. I just starting to understand how to use my droid 4, and i realized that despite having a pattern lock, i could still access my phone by sliding into the camera app, then hitting the home key. My question is, is there some way to remove the camera slider thing from the lockscreen, so that no one can get into my phone without doing the pattern? Thank you!

Wow, that's a clear flaw. I would try Safe Mode first, to rule out any software installations that may be the cause, but I think this is beyond the likelihood an application conflict. Have you first tried a Factory Data Reset?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
OP
B

bassist516

Reaction score
Sorry, I was confused. It was only doing that because it hadnt been locked for an entire minute, and didn't need a passcode. I feel kinda stupid now, but thank you for replying so quickly.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Ok, so you have it set to wait for one minute before it locks down completely so you can open again quickly. There is a way if I'm not mistaken to lock on command even if you have the delay set.

I'll research and get back to you.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
There is an additional option that allows the power button to lock immediately. Check that box and if you use the phone and it shuts down the screen before the 1 minute is up, you can easily wake it again, but if you hit the power button, it will require you to enter your pin even if only seconds later.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!!

JSM9872

Super Moderator