Lock screen icons?

Ardeleon09

Reaction score
We have a thread on here somewhere about this. I believe that if the Contact name is "Me" and if the picture assigned to the Me contact matches the picture in your Google + profile then you will always see the same pic in the Notification / lock screen area. If any of those things don't align, you might see a blue circle, maybe your contact pic or maybe your Google + profile pic. I think the sun and Moon and stars have to be aligned to have consistent results. I'll see if I can fine the other / older thread.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Maybe the Google account pic has something to do with it. I don't have one on my Google account just on the Me contact on the phone.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I use the same profile pic on my Google + profile and my Me contact. The pic I see has always been the same on the last 5 phones and never reverted to the blue circle. One of the Mods did some tests in the other thread I mentioned and had strange results when the Me picture didn't match the Google + picture.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yes, that post by Sajo goes one step further than post #2 and it actually may have answered why I have no blue symbol on my tablet ( my contact name is listed as "me" there) On my phone, my contact has my first and last name and I occasionally see that blue symbol. Both devices have the same picture. I'm going to change my phone contact name to " me" and reboot and wait and see. I bet that blue symbol will be gone then. Thanks, Sajo!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

R

RETG

But my old Turbo displayed my photo on the bar. This phone does not even show the blue circle. I wonder if it is due to 7.0?

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's a glitch.. Mine has been good since I changed my profile name and picture, I haven't had any blue symbols since.