lock screen help

earlybill1

Reaction score
I news help with my lock screen because I've set a pattern for the pass-code and its been a while but I wanna change back to the slide lock screen or the face lock screen . I'm using the razr maxx 4.1.2 / XT912. I only noticed that I can't change to the top 3 lock screens in menu/ settings/security & screen lock since I downloaded the app picture lock screen and ran it for a while. The only ones I can use is pattern/pin/password. I've deleted the picture lock screen since then but still can use top 3. I want it to be like when I first got it .(with the sliding lock screen ) The top three lock screen are blacked out. I remember trying it one day and it said something but I don't remember lol I know that don't help but I can't figure out how I did it please help me change it back .... also one last question if I'm on XT912 what system am I ? Jellybean or ICS ? Again thinks doe the help

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

mcal24

Reaction score
First of all, if you go to settings, about phone, it will tell you what firmware you have. 4.1 is Jellybean.

To change the lockscreen, go to settings, security, screen lock, then slide.

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
First of all, if you go to settings, about phone, it will tell you what firmware you have. 4.1 is Jellybean.

To change the lockscreen, go to settings, security, screen lock, then slide.

Yep I know that's what I put ...... all top 3 lock screens are blacked out

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

mcal24

Reaction score
Maybe you have a password or pin on the phone now? It probably wouldn't let you do slide if you have a password.

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Do you have the new version of foxfi installed on your phone? It requires a security to be set up (password, pattern or pin) and it grays out the rest.

Just something else to check.

We are the Droid!!
You will be assimilated!!
Resistance is futile!!

brunla

Reaction score
Hey I noticed this when I installed the new Foxfi. I do not want a screen lock so I uninstalled Foxfi and still have the grayed out option for no screen lock. Do you know how I can get rid of that? I hate screen locks. Can't believe they did that.

Do you have the new version of foxfi installed on your phone? It requires a security to be set up (password, pattern or pin) and it grays out the rest.

Just something else to check.

We are the Droid!!
You will be assimilated!!
Resistance is futile!!

nsouth

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing. To fix it, all you have to do is remove the FoxFi certificate (select "clear credentials" in security settings).
Found it here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.foxfi&hl=en

Hey I noticed this when I installed the new Foxfi. I do not want a screen lock so I uninstalled Foxfi and still have the grayed out option for no screen lock. Do you know how I can get rid of that? I hate screen locks. Can't believe they did that.

Dolly

Reaction score
I have this same issue suddenly on my bionic and my Samsung galaxy tablet. Both are now requiring a password. There is not an option in settings to change back. I removed the credentials, but nothing...

Dolly

Reaction score
Called tech support at Verizon. If you are having this problem of your phone suddenly requiring a password to unlock, go to settings, security and screen lock, click password and enter your password. This will take you to another screen where you can select "none" if that is what you want. Hope this is helpful to anyone else who suddenly has this issue.

tips2u2

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing. To fix it, all you have to do is remove the FoxFi certificate (select "clear credentials" in security settings).
Found it here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.foxfi&hl=en
icon_%20lala.gif

I had the same problem with downloading the updates from FoxFi..... Thank you SOO MUCH nsouth, it WORKED..XOXOXO