Lock Screen Customization??

Appventive

Reaction score
ok, so mine goes like this then.
first box has like 5 little icons in it, then my email, then text app, then facebook. Then above this is the calender and phone, miss call. This is all at the bottom of my screen. Does this have to stay right there or is there a way to put it in the middle of the screen?

So does this sound righ then? Even with the 5 little icons first? Maybe there is something checked that shows all that?

Thanks for ny help.

Laurieb

Yes, the lock/welcome screen is a full screen app: the icons are at the bottom, with other information at the top part of screen depending on which tab (icon) is selected. In the case of the Summary tab (the one with the 5 little icons), you can have any combination of hosted widgets (e.g., weather, music, power, ICE, etc), Email, SMS, Calendar, and/or Missed calls.

If you choose to add the EA widget to your home screen, then you have a lot of size & layout options. Choose 3x1 or 4x1 "buttons-only" widgets, or the full buttons + preview widgets in any size from 3x2 all the way up to 4x4. You can place the EA widgets wherever they will fit on your home screen.

Please feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any other questions.

All the best,
Steve

Appventive

Reaction score
You may also want to check out Executive Assistant: Executive Assistant (Appventive)

In lock screen mode, it provides a secure lock screen replacement that allows you to host widgets and preview gmail, calendar events, SMS (optionally popup & reply while locked), Google Reader, Facebook and Twitter.

Lots of customization options. You can also use it as a welcome screen or as a home screen widget (many sizes to choose from).

Available as both a free, ad-supported version and a paid, ad-free version. Just search for Appventive in the Market or scan the QR code in my profile.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Steve

When you indicate "secure lock screen replacement" is there an option to unlock via passcode thru the app and avoid the default pattern unlock of the droid?

Thanks...

Sorry, not yet, but I'm working on it :). Currently, if you pattern lock your phone, then you will still need to enter your pattern when leaving Executive Assistant.

Last edited:

Appventive

Reaction score
When you indicate "secure lock screen replacement" is there an option to unlock via passcode thru the app and avoid the default pattern unlock of the droid?

Thanks...

I'm happy to announce that the current version, 1.4.7b, includes a secure passcode option.

Other features in this update include Corporate Calendar support, color coded agenda events, and a slide unlocker.

If you give it a try, please let me know what you think.

All the best,
Steve

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

Thanks...

I'm happy to announce that the current version, 1.4.7b, includes a secure passcode option.

Other features in this update include Corporate Calendar support, color coded agenda events, and a slide unlocker.

If you give it a try, please let me know what you think.

All the best,
Steve

This is a wonderful feature that has been added - for anyone who wants a stable lock screen via PIN passcode should give this a try...I have been using since the update and there has been no issues...I am not sure this app could get any better...I really like if you press the HOME key, you are prompted for the pattern lock vs other lock screen replacements that showed recently used Apps...

bionic4.0

Reaction score
on ea it launch the tips 9of9 from the getting started guide every time i do any thing.

also bigger issue if useing as primary lock screen.. and launch anything. Music, messages, email, and then press home you can bypass all lock out screens. I was hoping this would work for me. as I like the pass code for the phone to prevent some one from stealing my info. as I have had a phone stolen before(blackberry)

any suggestion. Motorola droid 2.2

Thanks,
Nate

Appventive

Reaction score
on ea it launch the tips 9of9 from the getting started guide every time i do any thing.

also bigger issue if useing as primary lock screen.. and launch anything. Music, messages, email, and then press home you can bypass all lock out screens. I was hoping this would work for me. as I like the pass code for the phone to prevent some one from stealing my info. as I have had a phone stolen before(blackberry)

any suggestion. Motorola droid 2.2

Thanks,
Nate

Hi Nate,

Regarding the repeated "getting started guide", yes, a few people have reported that, but I have not yet been able to reproduce it. However, simply rebooting your phone (power all the way off, then on again), will fix it.

As for the unlock issue: when launching an app from EA, if you pattern/pin/password lock your phone, then you will need to securely unlock your phone (correctly enter your pattern/pin/password) before you can see the launched app. However, note that at this point, your phone really is unlocked, and you can do all the normal things with it, including pressing HOME. Your phone will stay unlocked until the screen times out or you turn the screen off again, at which point it will automatically lock again.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns -- feel free to post here, or you can email me at [email protected].

All the best,
Steve

bionic4.0

Reaction score
reboot took care of the troubles so far great app will prob be my next purchase.

thanks,
Nate

Appventive

Reaction score
Is there any chance to add gmail preview atleast?

Hi Nate,
What problems are you having? GMail preview is one of the main features of the app. See Settings/Configure tabs/"Manage accounts" to add gmail (and/or Google apps, and/or POP/IMAP) accounts.

Cheers,
Steve

bionic4.0

Reaction score
Again you have thought of it all. Thank you for something that should be built in to android. I'm learning more daily.

Thanks,
Nate
Until the next question

Pilot145

Reaction score
If you install the free virus security program from AVG (droidsecurity), there's a phone locator function called FindR. It allows you to set a message on your lockscreen, and you can even change that message REMOTELY if you lose your phone. It will show you were your phone is, turn on the GPS via text message, and even command it to wipe the phone's memory remotely if you can't recover it.

But, among the many functions, it allows you to add a lock screen message.

sailorfitz

Reaction score
Just grabbed the pay version, love it...now deleting lockbot and flyscreen.

CreatioSoft

Reaction score
Last edited: