Lock Screen customization?

aju8483

Reaction score
Does Anyone know how to theme the lockscreen using metamorph or some other method (not widgetlocker etc... I know those are super easy) .. I want custom sliders etc and figured instead of theme-ing widgetlocker metamorph could be easier? Thoughts

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
They're in framework-res.apk in the drawable-en-hdpi-v4 folder

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
A

aju8483

Reaction score
Thanks... So then does anyone know if I can just replace the images before flashing the theme? . ie... If I have Apex1.4 installed can I then download the REVOlution theme and just go into the zip and replace the files. then go into clockwork and install from ZIP etc.? (Or is this just crazy talk haha?)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Open the theme zip with 7zip, extract the images desired to an photo editor and change them to whatever you want. I'd then use MM or Ninjamorph to replace them. There are tons of themers here that can help out :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
A

aju8483

Reaction score
sweeeet. Thanks. I enjoy the REVO theme but cant stand the big ugly unlock sliders haha call me picky I guess.
-A

VTNomad

Reaction score
I own a Motorola Droid 2 (not global). I'm wondering if it is possible to add information to the lock screen?

For example, the date and time are displayed and it would be incredibly convieient if the weather was displayed there, instead of having to unlock the screen. (I know, its one swipe of the screen. I'm not lazy...I'm efficient).

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Maybe something like https://market.android.com/details?id=org.jraf.android.nolock&feature=search_result to bypass the lockscreen is what you are looking for? I mean if you want information on a lockscreen, but don't want to swipe to unlock...why have a lockscreen at all.

Or maybe https://market.android.com/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.widgetlocker&feature=search_result will be more what you are looking for as it allows you to customize your lockscreen by adding widgets, and various other things.

R

RETG

I tried that widget locker for a few days. Nice features, but would not allow me to go into the alarm clock function, after the second day, when I place the X into a cradle and plugged it in. Just locked up.

I remove widget locker and it works ok, re-installed and the same problems.

Wrote the programmer, who ever the email went too, and he basically said, tough.

So, I lost 1.99; not a big deal. But I will never get one of his products again.