Lock My Droid

pchakmak

Reaction score
Hey all...I just got my Droid yesterday and boy it is amazing. Is there a way I can lock my phone by using a widget. As of right now I have the screen light setting to 15 seconds. So I am waiting 15 seconds and then putting the phone in my pocket. I imagine there is a way to lock/unlock phone at will. Thanks!!

ShowTime

Reaction score
Just hit the power button. It will immediately sleep/lock the screen. I keep my screen timeout set at 1 minute so it doesn't sleep while I'm reading long articles, etc. I have just gotten in the habit of hitting the power button any and every time I'm done using it.

OP
P

pchakmak

Reaction score
Duh...lol!! This phone can be quite daunting so I'm not really thinking of something that simple. That's exactly what I was looking for thanks!!!

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Just hit the power button. It will immediately sleep/lock the screen. I keep my screen timeout set at 1 minute so it doesn't sleep while I'm reading long articles, etc. I have just gotten in the habit of hitting the power button any and every time I'm done using it.

Have you looked at screebl? It will keep the screen on while you are reading articles, etc. Allowed me to set my timeout down to 15 seconds. Great app.