Lock Droid Application Running

rttombs

Reaction score
Hi all, I have searched and have not found an answer to this one.

Problem: I deploy droids to client users, most of which have no clue how to use the droid OS

Hopeful Solution: Is there an application that will "LOCK" a specified application so that the user can't navigate the Droid phone. Essentially the user is locked to use a specified application. Ex: I set up the phone so that the only application the user can use is email. To unlock, the user would need to enter a pin.

Is this available in the market?

Thanks
RT

RockXP

Reaction score
That's a tough one to lock down all application besides email. Just tell them, if you touch anything else besides email you will break the phone. lol

OP
R

rttombs

Reaction score
Lock

Tee hee.
This is a typical function for many client facing applications and was hoping that there was an easier fix than telling the client that they should avoid being idiots (hasn't worked for me in the past). I was using "email" an an example, but the real application is a data collection app.
The functionality would simply be that the client turns on the droid and the application opens up and stays locked on that application.
RT

Last edited:
OP
R

rttombs

Reaction score
Lock

Not really, I am looking for an app that when the user starts the droid, the application will pop-up automatically not allowing the user to leave the application or open up any other applications.