Lock current messaging in memory

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by Jester6x, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Jester6x

Jester6x Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I've noticed that when I use this feature it only references the stock messaging app. Is there any way for this to lock another messaging app in the memory like handcent?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

2. omgsy

omgsy Member

Ratings:
    +1
    what does lock current messaging in memory do anyways? i see posts about this but, what does it do exactly?

3. Jester6x

Jester6x Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Gingerbread seems to be really aggressive at shutting programs down. Locking it in the memory would keep it from being shut down but it keeps the stock messaging app in the memory instead of handcent

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

4. kratos

kratos Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Handcent is just a front end to the stock messaging app. Therefore, you only need the stock app locked in memory to avoid losing messages.

GB kills the stock app before you have a chance to read the messages. Therefore, you see the notification, but when you try to read the message in the app(s), they just disappear.

Locking the stock app in memory keeps GB from killing it.

Kratos

5. Jester6x

Jester6x Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I see what you are saying but its not that I am worried about losing messages, GB is killing the handcent program which results in it taking several seconds every time I open it back up. I am still receiving all messages without an issue though. If Handcent stays as a running service, opening it is instantaneous. Even if it stays in as a cached background process the speed is faster when opening. But GB keeping killing the process.

When I lock the current messaging in memory, it keeps the stock messaging app in the memory, but this has no impact on the speed of handcent.

I wasn't clear enough about my problem in my original post, sorry about that!

Search tags for this page
android keep messaging in memory
aplikacja sms android keep in memory
handcent sms lock in memory
how to lock app in memory gb
how to lock sms app in memory android
keep app lock in memory gingerbread
keep sms app in memory

lock messaging app in memory

sms keep app in memory