Lock 2.0 bug ??

Waynerz666

Reaction score
I think I have things setup properly, but please correct me if I am wrong... Whenever I get a message or email or anything in my notification bar, I am able to just swipe down and access it without even unlocking my phone... Is it me or is this not a major flaw ??

If anyone can explain or have a different app to lock the phone, please let me know..

Technoman

Reaction score
I am not using any "LOCK" app, and have my phone set for "REQUIRE PATTERN" in settings. When I get a notification, I have to unlock the phone with the pattern before I can open the notification bar.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think I have things setup properly, but please correct me if I am wrong... Whenever I get a message or email or anything in my notification bar, I am able to just swipe down and access it without even unlocking my phone... Is it me or is this not a major flaw ??

If anyone can explain or have a different app to lock the phone, please let me know..

Flaw? No you're lucky. This is the first I've heard of this. Something may be up with your device.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Can't do that here....

hanano17

Reaction score
Lock 2.0 isn't very good. If you power off the phone and turn it back on, the app won't auto start and therefore is an easy bypass if the phone is stolen. Also, if you long press the home button, it will also bypass the lock. Lock 2.0 isn't much of a real lock.

If anyone knows of an app that allows a working number lock, i'd love to know about it.

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haven't thorougly tested this but am considering LockBot for number lock purposes. You may want to take a look at it. Hope it is what you are looking for.

hanano17

Reaction score
Haven't thorougly tested this but am considering LockBot for number lock purposes. You may want to take a look at it. Hope it is what you are looking for.

While I like how lockbot works better than lock 2.0, it suffers the same issues. Long pressing the home button bypasses the lock.