Location of picture albums on phone when connected to pc???

Spikeyjason

Reaction score
Hey everyone.. Just got my Droid Maxx... and very new to this phone. Had a Fascinate prior...

I am wanting to add quite a few albums of pictures to my phone, and do not know where to go when I connect it to my computer. What am I doing wrong??? lol.. I am sure its simple, But can not figure it out...

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the Noob question...

Robotics

Reaction score
Hey everyone.. Just got my Droid Maxx... and very new to this phone. Had a Fascinate prior...

I am wanting to add quite a few albums of pictures to my phone, and do not know where to go when I connect it to my computer. What am I doing wrong??? lol.. I am sure its simple, But can not figure it out...

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the Noob question...

I think I understand what your asking.

They should be in the sdcard-ext. folder. The "ext" stands for external drive/SDcard

I use Astro file manager, and when I first open Astro, I have to push the "up one folder" arrow/icon to access the sdcard-ext.

Hope that helps.

OP
S

Spikeyjason

Reaction score
So if I am on my computer... and copy a folder with 50 pics in it. and the phone is connected to my computer with USB. how do I find that folder??? and when I connect to puter... Do I need to be in PC Mode, Mass Storage or what??? Sorry.. This has just been confusing me... lol... I feel so dumb.. lol...

raw57

Reaction score
You want to be in Mass Storage mode. If memory serves me correctly, you will see 2 options with "Moto" in the title. One is internal phone memory and the other is for the SD card. Just check the size of the storage to figure out which location you are looking for. Internal memory is 8GB. You can save your folders anywhere you want. It's up to you.

Another option is using MotoCast. I don't think it gets as much credit as it deserves. As long as you are comfortable leaving your home computer running, you can access your pictures, videos, music, etc. from your phone and you don't even have to use up any memory on your phone. Here is a link to learn more about it and instructions to set it up if you decide to do so. MotoCast - File Streaming App from Motorola - PC to Smartphone - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA