Location not updating

acejavelin

Reaction score
Did maps or google framework services update by any chance? really thinking it is google framework service (which will auto update in the background on you).

Could you please file an issue with HTC. If it is just one person i guarantee that they will never end up fixing a thing. Even if you plan to flash a rom please just take a minute to file an issue report (when they tell you what steps to take, like the ones you already have, just tell them it didn't resolve).
Done... Bug Report web page is down, but I sent an email to tech support.

acejavelin

Reaction score
It maybe all in vain though, I got a replay back here is a copy of the first email:

Dear Steven,

Thanks for contacting HTC Technical Support Center!

I understand this can be changing your experience with the device and I will be more than happy to help you with this matter.

Please follow these steps:

1. Turn on GPS (not permanently, just for troubleshooting)
2. Access the Android Market or Google Play Store
3. Search for, download, install, and then open an application called GPS Status and Toolbox
4. Press Menu>Tools>Manage AGPS State>Reset
5. Remove the weather widget (flip clock) from the home screen
6. On Android 2.x go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All tab > Weather provider > Clear data
7. On Android 4.x go to Settings > Apps > All > Weather > Clear data
8. Soft reset the device
9. Re-add the weather widget

I look forward to providing you with any additional assistance for your HTC device if required.

Thanks for your continuous support of our products and services, Steven. Remember you can always contact me through Contact Us or call us at +1-866-449-8358 from 8 am to 1 am ET, 7 days a week.

Thank you for being a member of our HTC community and I wish you a good day!

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,
Jennifer
HTC

So I replied back stating that the GPS wasn't the issue, and this has effected several phones and gave more examples of problems and very specific details, and this is the reply I got back:

Dear Steven,

Thank you for your prompt reply!
I am sorry to know the issue is persisting; I remember you mentioned the GPS to work properly on your device, but the steps provided were vital part of covering the basics for your issue and determining the best way to procedure for your particular case.
Please try this:

1. Make sure that FastBoot is off
2. Go into the Weather app --- toggle location (twice)
3. Google services > Settings and toggle location
4. Go to Settings and turn off Google location

I look forward to providing you with any additional assistance if required.

With this answer I am pretty sure they are just brushing me off... Whatever, I gave it a shot I guess, but this was the type of response I expected. :frown:

OP
E

esheesle

Reaction score
Sigh, why do they have to be idiots sometimes? Thanks for trying.