1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Location Icon (The target) wont turn off in status bar.

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Slyyer, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Slyyer

Slyyer New Member

Sorry if this is not in the right place, feel free to move.

So i have a HTC Incredible 2 running 2.3.3 rooted with Revolutionary

I cannot get my location icon to turn off in status bar. I have gone in settings and unchecked the boxes in Location. I have also gone into the running services and do the whole one by one trick and i have gone into my browser than settings in the Google main page and undid both location related options and saved. I've rebooted a few times and it just stays there ominously glaring at me haha =p.

Nothing gives! I am just paranoid its draining my battery up.

If anyone can help me prove its not, i really wouldn't mind it than to be honest.

Thx.
  2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about but do me a favor and turn your GPS on. When your GPS is on you should see a wave coming from the right side of that target. If I'm correct that's normal for an HTC device and does not drain your battery, it's a notification target to tell you what's turned on.

edit: just looked it up, that icon does not go away. It doesn't drain battery either so no need to fear of battery life.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
Search tags for this page
android icon target

android target icon

android target icon notification bar

android target symbol

blinking target on android

flashing target icon android

how do you turn off the gps on the status bar on a htc droid
location icon android
target icon android

target icon on android