Location based Smart Actions not working

jefffrane

Reaction score
Up until recently, Smart Actions related to Home and Work functioned properly. A few weeks ago I had to do a factory reset and have been reconfiguring various apps. Now I can create a Home action but it refuses to activate based on the location. At best guess it appears to fail at geocoding my location--"my location" works well enough but then it fails to find an address. I had typed in the address at some point but it seems that the phone can't find coordinates. I had been enjoying the capabilities of Smart Actions previously, particularly with actions like "meeting" but now I'm very frustrated with it.

And, yes, I was working on this at home yesterday and definitely had WiFi running.

Phone is a Droid Maxx running latest OS version.

comanche1313

Reaction score
Up until recently, Smart Actions related to Home and Work functioned properly. A few weeks ago I had to do a factory reset and have been reconfiguring various apps. Now I can create a Home action but it refuses to activate based on the location. At best guess it appears to fail at geocoding my location--"my location" works well enough but then it fails to find an address. I had typed in the address at some point but it seems that the phone can't find coordinates. I had been enjoying the capabilities of Smart Actions previously, particularly with actions like "meeting" but now I'm very frustrated with it.

And, yes, I was working on this at home yesterday and definitely had WiFi running.

Phone is a Droid Maxx running latest OS version.

What i had to do was uninstall the updates for smart actions. That is what i had to do to get mine to work again.

NachoManRandySavage

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I recently bought the RAZR MAXX HD and my location services can't determine where I live. I have WiFi enabled, and Google Maps can find me, address included, but the location services within Smart Actions can't! It pinpoints my exact location but doesn't recognize my address even when I manually enter it. Then it won't even allow me to use the longitude/latitude coordinates of my location when standing in my living room, but it certainly has them identified under recent places. This is truly unfortunate because this would be a great smart action to setup but the application is...erm....insipid....hardly smart.

Having said that, any smart actions I have setup not based on location work like a charm (i.e. when connected to auto's bluetooth or the gym smart action).

Christopher112

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I recently bought the RAZR MAXX HD and my location services can't determine where I live. I have WiFi enabled, and Google Maps can find me, address included, but the location services within Smart Actions can't! It pinpoints my exact location but doesn't recognize my address even when I manually enter it. Then it won't even allow me to use the longitude/latitude coordinates of my location when standing in my living room, but it certainly has them identified under recent places. This is truly unfortunate because this would be a great smart action to setup but the application is...erm....insipid....hardly smart.

Having said that, any smart actions I have setup not based on location work like a charm (i.e. when connected to auto's bluetooth or the gym smart action).

I'm also having the same issue and would love to have it resolved!

TerpGrad

Reaction score
I am also having the same problem and it is quite frustrating. If I kept a semi-regular schedule this would not be an issue because I'd set everything to trigger based on times but for this to work for me it really needs to trigger based on locations. Very frustrated!!

TERPS

Reaction score
This is happening to me on my Droid Razr Maxx HD and it is VERY annoying. Anyone know of any fix for it?

NachoManRandySavage

Reaction score
This is oddly enough working for me now. The only thing that has happened was that I installed that latest Android Security patch for the RAZR MAXX HD. Home Location/address is recognized now within Smart Actions.

Christopher112

Reaction score
Mine also started working next day on its own before the security patch.. I had to reset my phone once to fix another issue and the locations stopped working again... then started working 2 days later.. It seems like it takes a day or 2 to kick in.

pmbasehore

Reaction score
I just got my Razr M yesterday and I'm having the same issue with Smart Actions. I have no updates for it, so I can't try that fix. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Theprince

Reaction score
Just got my Droid 4. I have the same problem. At home it knows where I am. At work it thinks I'm in the atlantic ocean off the west coast of Africa. Google Maps knows where I am. :frown:

mikepfly2

Reaction score
Same here

Same here. Got the Razr Maxx HD yesterday. I'll let it sit for a few days and see if it changes.
Pretty frustrating.

Current System Version: 0.7.2

Explorn

Reaction score
Smart Actions not working on GPS triggers, anymore

I am having the same issue with all the GPS triggers. Please Fix.

dishnu

Reaction score
the same thing is happening on my RAZR i have uninstalled the update and it still does not know where I am.,, just on the east coast of Africa.... nowhere near Seattle.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

AndyAZ

Reaction score
Not to be a contrarian but since the last upgrade last week I think the GPS location for my work setting is just fine on my razor HD. Maybe it's something else about your setup?

droidekaMarkII

Reaction score
well, I had the same problem where addresses would not lookup. This problem started after a factory reset. However, when I searched "smart actions" on google app market, I noticed there was an update (why it did not update itself after more than a week, I don't know as it is set for auto update). After updating the app AND rebooting the phone, smart actions started working as it should (rebooting seemed necessary).