Location Aware Notepad App

Boucaner

Reaction score
Who knows of a good location aware notepad application? Haven't come across a simple on, the Application Complete looks like it will do the job

MdicnMan

Reaction score
Who knows of a good location aware notepad application? Haven't come across a simple on, the Application Complete looks like it will do the job

Sounds like a cool idea.. though I am not able to think of a good use for it. Curious what were you thinking about doing with it?

OP
B

Boucaner

Reaction score
It would be nice to create a note/to-do item, and set it to a location, and be notified when you get to that location. Like needing to pick up something at a store, and have it notify you when you got close to the store, or remind you of the things you need to do when you get home. Oh, sure, you could just bring up the app when you got home, but remembering to do that is a lot of work!

MdicnMan

Reaction score
It would be nice to create a note/to-do item, and set it to a location, and be notified when you get to that location. Like needing to pick up something at a store, and have it notify you when you got close to the store, or remind you of the things you need to do when you get home. Oh, sure, you could just bring up the app when you got home, but remembering to do that is a lot of work!

Ok, I need to change what I said from cool to brilliant! That would be great.
Even better would be a cloud based app that you could add entries to from your PC. I do this now with Exchange/Outlook, but having it be location aware would be awesome. Sign me up.

OP
B

Boucaner

Reaction score
There is something out there that does this. I ran across it when I first got the phone, but didn't DL is for some reason, and can't remember what it was called. Guess it is time to learn java.

Application Complete has a locations setting, but the reminders are only time based. The search continues...

OP
B

Boucaner

Reaction score
Looks like that might do the trick! Thanks!

gentlefury

Reaction score
yeah i remember seeing an app that did that when I was browsing the market....it must have been openloopz

MdicnMan

Reaction score
OpenLoopz does this I believe.

I looked at that but I don't see that I can get it to alert me of a task related to a location unless I have the app open. If I remember to open it, it's a safe bet that I remembered to do whatever it was.

I like the idea of an app that will create an alert while it is running in the background or as a widget in the same way that the calendar alerts you based on time but instead, when you are near a specific location..

Tramontana

Reaction score
This one may do the job...

It's been a while since this thread started but now perhaps there's an answer. Just released is Memabilia, a location-aware notepad app with an efficient text search mechanism and the ability to set reminders on date/time or location. And you can publish the notes you write about places, for the world to read. It's new and a bit rough round the edges but updates and extra features are arriving regularly.