locale on droid

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by mouthfull, Nov 8, 2009.

1. keiichi25

keiichi25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay... Well, now some of it sort of makes sense, but also doesn't make sense. Location, I was under impression it homes in on your location for the origin, but it looks like it doesn't do that. I now got it setup a little differently, now I have to test it, although even with the circle as 'tight' as possible, that is a large area.

2. Odysseus

Odysseus New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It works for me since the update. I got to school today and my phone went into vibrate mode. :)

3. Quickster357

Quickster357 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There's a known bug with the location detection ((a)GPS and Cell tower triangulation) for Google maps on the Moto Droid. As you can see Locale uses Google maps and with the location bug i'm certain it affects Locale. We probably won't see it function 100% properly until Dec. 11th when the new update rolls out and Locale is updated to play nicely with Android 2.0. Otherwise this app works okay with my Droid. Doesn't always work, but it's a very cool app. I wish there was another way to add another location on the same situation and the possibility to make square ones and not circles. I would also like to have smaller spots in a big circle invert color to normal as so it would go back to default settings. Then this app would be PERFECT.

4. mouthfull

mouthfull New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Google maps puts me right at my front door when I'm home, Locale won't even get my state right.

5. mrredskin

mrredskin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    still won't work for me, either. not fooling with it til i see there's an update. Tulsa and OK City isn't exactly East TN

6. Stigy

Stigy Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Even though the GPS does not work 100% in Locale its definitely worth setting up other rules based on the other conditions.

I already have multiple rules setup for plugged in, calendar events and battery percentage.

Even without the GPS the app is amazing.

7. mouthfull

mouthfull New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    weird, that's where it says I am too. Not even close

8. M1dnite

M1dnite Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It works well with me. You should have on WIFI too. It connects to hot spots around the area to get a location as well. Also, every 10 mins it updates. Mine has been working well since last Sunday. Make sure Wifi and GPS is on, and it should work for you.

9. M1dnite

M1dnite Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For work, I covered the whole block, just to be sure, and for home i cover 4-6 houses.

#21 M1dnite, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  10. keiichi25

keiichi25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I see it working now, not as 'zippy' on the change overs or following the radius of the location as specified, but eh... For a free app, it does the job within reason. :)

11. M1dnite

M1dnite Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it checks every 10 mins.... Sometimes if you want it to work instant you will need to click on the icon and it'll search to see where you are at. I use it as a back up reminder if I forget to put it on vib at church or something.

12. mrredskin

mrredskin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    still not working for me. and you don't need wifi on if there's no wifi to connect to.

Search tags for this page

droid razr norwegian locale