Locale and BT

n0m0n

Reaction score
Hello,
Does anyone know if there is a plugin for locale that will turn on bluetooth when I turn on my bt headset?
I thought it was already in it but I either have to leave BT on or manually turn it on.

I know I can keep the BT on regardless but my battery runs down a lot and I have to charged it midday so I am trying to turn as much off as possible.

Having this feature would be a plus for sure.

Thanks

techguru

Reaction score
Locale can turn BT on and off based on other conditions, but BT needs to be on to detect that you have turned your headset on.

There is an app that will turn BT on when you receive a call.

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
Locale can turn BT on and off based on other conditions, but BT needs to be on to detect that you have turned your headset on.

Ok in locale I chose
Conditions: Bluetooth,
Bluetooth State On or Off
Check for Connection: checked
Device Name: Icon (my BT)
Connected/Disconnected: Connected

Settings Bluetooth: On

When I turn on my headset (Icon) BT doesn't turn on, and I waited about 3 minutes.
Do I have it set wrong?
And it should turn off when I turn off the head set right?

Also you said there is a app, do you know the name?
Even though if I can get this to work then locale should do.

OH what should the default be set for on or off?

Thanks

Taegost

Reaction score
It may not be just the settings in Locale, Bluetooth devices are very response-dependant. In a situation like this, the headset will send out the broadcast looking for a device it's paired with, but it won't find it because BT is turned off, so it never sends the wake up to the phone to enable it... That's just my theory.
I know this would not work with my headset, if I flip it open (which turns it on) when Bluetooth is not enabled, and then enable Bluetooth, it won't connect until I close and open it again.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

given that it take a few seconds for BT to turn-on, and a few more to detect and connect to my headset, such an app doesn't seem very practical unless you want to answer the phone manually and then put in your earpiece.

Abadus

Reaction score
Locale can change volume if bluetooth is connected. But it has to connect first.

I set my bluetooth to turn on when I am at work. If it connects it turns the volume up.

Without bluetooth on already it will have no idea your bluetooth device is on.

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
Locale can change volume if bluetooth is connected. But it has to connect first.

I set my bluetooth to turn on when I am at work. If it connects it turns the volume up.

Without bluetooth on already it will have no idea your bluetooth device is on.

OK so I turn on BT manually, what would I set or installed to get locale to turn the volume up.
In other words I am finding it a bit difficult getting the hang of locale to do what I want.
Is there a special plugin or is it there already?
What would the trigger be, and setting?

Thanks