Local radio station app for Droid?

Star1021Scott

Reaction score
iheartradio, is a app thats put out by Clear Channel Communications. So if the radio station is not owned by Clear Channel it will not be listed in iheartradio. Just an FYI.

DroidxRage

Reaction score
I DL's iHeart, opened it and got stuck in a FC loop, rendering my phone useless, first time an apps ever done that on me. Had to battery pull. Instant uninstall. :(

I guess I'll wait til flash comes out, and just login to the actual radio site I want.

Technoman

Reaction score
There is an app for the iPhone, Blackberry, and WinMo that allows you to listen to local radio stations in your area. I have a morning show that I love listening to and was wondering if anyone knows of an app like this for Android. The name of the app for the iPhone is called Wunderradio. Here's a link to it:

WunderRadio

Jhank, I know exactly what you are talking about. 1310 - The Ticket (sports talk in Dallas TX) streams in a format that apparently will not work for the programs that are available for the Droid. I am hoping that Flash Player will address some of this.

I have messaged WunderRadio with a response that was less than acceptable. They just told me to contact customer service "thought that was what I did". Anyway, maybe a concerted effort of requesting the program for Android will get us there.

Zippster

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for a working version of flycast for a couple local sports talk stations. :icon_evil:

Technoman

Reaction score
There is an app for the iPhone, Blackberry, and WinMo that allows you to listen to local radio stations in your area. I have a morning show that I love listening to and was wondering if anyone knows of an app like this for Android. The name of the app for the iPhone is called Wunderradio. Here's a link to it:

WunderRadio

Hey Jhank, See below, I guess persistence pays!!!

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in WunderRadio!

Android support is coming. We have not announced the release date yet. Please keep an eye on WunderRadio.com for news.

Sincerely,
Support

drummerboyphil

Reaction score
all these on line apps for local radio and i cant even get the stations i want on the andriod os cause it doesn't support it Fail!

Last edited:

sherrie.melton

Reaction score
I like the TuneIn Radio app for Android. It provides access to several different local radio stations and broadcasts these for free.