1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

local area connection for droid?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bootyslooklikedissize, May 18, 2011.

1. bootyslooklikedissize

bootyslooklikedissize New Member

my droid x never wants to work when i try to connect it to any network wirelessly, never has. ive got three games just chillin in my apps because i cant connect to any wireless network to download the additional data needed when i got them.

ive downloaded connectifyme, and thought that maybe, somehow, i could set things up as to where i could have the connectifyme running a local, and my phone connected tothe computer via usb.

ive googled this all night, and havent found much. any help would be appreciated :D
  2. bootyslooklikedissize

bootyslooklikedissize New Member

so many reviews, can i get a callbackkkk puhleeze
  3. PhishPhan

PhishPhan New Member

Is this phone still under warranty? I had a phone that had a bad WiFi chip that was doing the same exact thing.

I also found that the X has compatibility issues with some Netgear and Linksys/Cisco routers! (I am in IT - and I tested on 10 different routers each with stock firmware and DD-Wrt and Tomato firmware with no difference) I went and bought a cheapo ($25) d-link and I connect every time instantly and stay connected.

There are also reports of some X's not working on WPA2, and others where changing from TKIP to AES or vise versa (I cant remember) worked.

My approach would be to see if you can get a replacement, and get a d-link router.

(I have my d-link after my netgear AP and only let my X connect to it)
Search tags for this page
does droid 4 have near areaconnect
droid 4 near areaconnect

droidx not seing lan

how to set android to local area connection
how to set local area connection android
lan connectivity android
local area connection air droid