Loaning to a friend

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by defdans, Oct 17, 2011.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. defdans

defdans New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,

I still have my OG Droid that had Liquid 2.6 (i think) on it, but i've since upgraded to the Bionic. A friend wants to borrow my OG Droid for a couple weeks and I was wondering what's the best way to set it up for her to use? Obviously she'll have to call and activate the phone with Verizon, but is there an easy way for her to switch from my Google account to hers? I don't really want to spend any more time setting this up than I have to, so if there's any way to essentially sign out as my Google account and sign in as hers without having to do resets or flash roms, that would be splendid. If there isn't, what's the easiest way to set it up?

Thanks!
  2. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Twitter:
    JSM9873
    You could just go into Settings > Accounts and sync and just log out of your Google account. It should leave everything as it was. The only thing I am unsure what will happen as far as your apps/paid apps.

Or just do a factory reset and let her set up an account when they power the phone up and get to the green android/log in screen.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  3. Knowpig

Knowpig Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would just do a factory reset
    Stock rom it and save yourself an endless list of questions. Then register the device. Do a Google login, and activate.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums
  4. defdans

defdans New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What's the easiest way to do a factory reset? Just boot into recovery and hit the "format" option? It doesn't make any difference that I have Liquid GB currently on there, it will still go back to stock Android?

Thanks!
  5. JSM9872

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Twitter:
    JSM9873
    Well it depends on how you want to turn the phone over. If you do the factory reset in recovery it will put liquid 3.0 back to an unaltered state.
    If you want to put it to a literal when you bought it factory state then you will need to SBF with rsd lite. I don't have the links handy but I can try to help you along with it once I get home from work late tonight.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  6. Knowpig

Knowpig Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You should be able to factory reset, clear cache and dalvik, then nandroid whatever was in there prior to liquid. Essentially a rooted stock rom.

Sent from my DROID
  7. JSM9872

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Twitter:
    JSM9873
    +1 to what knowpig said.

If you have a stock nandroid then restore it and then you should be good to go.