1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Loaded Email POP3 client stops working after a few hours on Droid phone 2.01 version

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by racer2fast, Dec 23, 2009.

1. racer2fast

racer2fast New Member

Motorola Droid 2.01 email issue

I configured two pop3 accounts on the phone and they work for a few hours
    and stop communicating to the pop3 server. When you check your email the
    little circle just spins and if you try to test the connection to the pop3
    server or smtp it never connects. This happens a few hours after the
    configuration. If you reboot the phone the mail works again for another few
    hours and then stops. The email client seems to be failing. I purchased
    this smart phone for a few reasons and email is one so it is really
    disappointing that I am experiencing this issue. Since that is the one main
    function I need to work for my business. I have a DROID phone by Motorola
    running 2.0.1 code. The email for sync was set to 5 and 15 minutes
    intervals and never made a difference. I removed the accounts and recreated
    them. I reset the phone to factory defaults. At this point I exhausted all
    my options. Please help with this issue thanks...

Here is the link I posted in Google bug report and you guys can post more as well and may we will get this fixed.

Issue 5616 - android - Loaded Email POP3 client stops working after a few hours on Droid phone 2.01 version - Project Hosting on Google Code

John
    racer2fast@nc.rr.com
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  2. bchockey

bchockey New Member

Having the exact same problem with my verizon.net email account. Totally frustrating! How can I help to escalate this issue with Verizon/Motorola?
  3. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

Ok try this. Go in to your verizion email account settings. Find the "forward" lik. Forward a copy of your email to your gmail account. Set it to forward and keep a copy on the server too. Then go in to your gmail account settings. Set that so the emails the go out or get replied to get sent from the account they came in from. Now your email is pushed and no one is the wiser
  4. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

Retry your account with IMAP, see how it goes.
  5. bchockey

bchockey New Member

I was researching that last night, but saw the following on Verizon's support site:
    When you activate Email Forwarding:
    • Incoming messages are not sent to your Email & More Inbox, but to a different email address that you specify when you activate the service.
    Does that mean that I will no longer see emails on my laptop in my Verizon email account? Thanks for any additional feedback.
  6. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

For Road Runner it specifically gives the option to forward and save a copy. I would have to see the Verizion settings page to know. Google does allow you to respond so the the receiver sees your verizion address :)
  7. racer2fast

racer2fast New Member

Gmail is a temp fix

I use Gmail now for a temp fix but the loaded email interface is better and the issue with Gmail it sends a message saying that the email was sent on behalf of the original account which I don't want or like. This is a PDA phone and the email should work right since that is one of the major functions. I was just trying to get more people to post on Google and Motorola site so maybe we can get this fix ASAP.
  8. 640k

640k New Member

instead of forwarding your mail to gmail, you can have gmail check those messages. if you allow gmail to do the work, you can also send through those accounts so it is transparent.

if you use gmail, you can also label the messages coming in so you know what account they're from.

if you use gmail, your email is pushed instead of pulled, creating less work for your phone.

the gmail app is better than the email app because you can select multiple messages. also, the email app only loads x amount of messages at once. if you delete all of those messages, a new batch of emails that had already been read will reappear as unread.
  9. racer2fast

racer2fast New Member

I have that setup already but Time Warner doesn't seem to allow you to use there SMTP server for return email and then you have to use GMAIL and it gives that that behalf of GMAIL which is not what I want. Is there away to configure Time Warner road runner to allow SMTP I get an error that it doesn't support (TLS code 500). If you know a way around that it would be much appreciated.
  10. 640k

640k New Member

gmail's SMTP settings are no different than setting them up through Outlook. make sure you have the correct settings and whether you should or shouldn't be using SSL.

also, see my hints vvvvv and see if that helps.
  11. racer2fast

racer2fast New Member

The problem is that Road Runner doesn't support TLS and Gmail has that turned on for security purposes so I can't use the outbound mail connection........Any ideas to get around that...
  12. 640k

640k New Member

what happens if you uncheck "send through SSL"?
  13. racer2fast

racer2fast New Member

SSL is turned off and I still get the same error........They don't support SSL connection either.
  14. 640k

640k New Member

lol i got nothing for ya. maybe try calling their support lline?
  15. racer2fast

racer2fast New Member

Yeah it was thought but you know how that goes it's like talking to the wall which you get better results from...I am network engineer and do this crap for a living but when it comes to the providers they are real useless until you get the one and only person that knows how the network or servers are setup. Then they say no they can't change it anyway....Well I appreciate the help have a great Holiday.
  16. 640k

640k New Member

are you a former adelphia customer? when i googled the POP3 settings, i noticed there were more than one type. maybe there's another solution?

maybe if you live in a FIOS area, you can drop RR? :D
  17. racer2fast

racer2fast New Member

No I am not a former adelphia customer.....But Time Warner is huge nationwide company...Yeah that would be nice I am waiting for Verizion Vios in my area....LOL :)
Search tags for this page

adelphia webmail set up droid

android smtp settings work then stop

how to set up droid adelphia email sync

pdf stops email on phone