"Load more messages"

Dr Fatsides

Reaction score
The Comcast email account on my S4 downloads new messages and I see them for a second, but then they disappear, leaving a text box that says "Load more messages". Touching that box refreshes but doesn't load any messages.

I checked the account settings; the Verizon store had me uninstall and re-install the account, but no luck. Messages still come in and then go away immediately. The account itself is working and can both send and receive messages. All account messages show like usual on my desktop.

Can anybody help?

TIA

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Comcast has no IMAP support which causes a problem. On your desktop make certain that whatever mail client you are using is set to leave the mail on the server, say for 7 days or so.

OP
Dr Fatsides

Dr Fatsides

Reaction score
Comcast has no IMAP support which causes a problem. On your desktop make certain that whatever mail client you are using is set to leave the mail on the server, say for 7 days or so.

I went to my account on Comcast.net and both read and unread Inbox messages are scheduled to be deleted "Never." ???

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not on Comcast. If Outlook, for example, on your desktop, gets the message, it gets marked as read on Comcast and won't download it again. It doesn't matter that the mail is still there, it still won't load on a client if it has been read by a client, (computer, tablet, phone, or "other")

OP
Dr Fatsides

Dr Fatsides

Reaction score
Not on Comcast. If Outlook, for example, on your desktop, gets the message, it gets marked as read on Comcast and won't download it again. It doesn't matter that the mail is still there, it still won't load on a client if it has been read by a client, (computer, tablet, phone, or "other")

Thanks for your help, leeshor!
OK, so I've gone on my desktop and made sure that "Leave a copy on the server" is checked in my Outlook Express 6. We'll give that a try.