Live Wallpapers

M

Matth3w

I know people are anxiously awaiting these things, and I just wanted to give you a heads up that they suck.
lol.gif

They lag, as expected, seem to help heat up the phone more, and are generally boring.

Granted, this is coming from a hacked 2.1 ROM but it's made by Pete who usually knows what he's doing. Just saying, don't get too excited about these things.

It was interesting for about 5 minutes and then I switched back to the stock so that swiping screens wouldn't lag.

Your choices are limited and ugly. :mad:

iPirate

Reaction score
If they fix the lag etc... I think they will be cool to have. I haven't seen all of them but I am expecting some really cool ones to be released in the future.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The answer is for stuff like this to be handled by the GPU. Not sure why neither Google nor Moto can figure that out.

Reaction score
Lag or not, it will be a boredom fixer for the time my brain will be interested or invested in.

SinCitySRT4

Reaction score
its a pretty cool "look what my phone can do" type of thing but im constantly changing my phones wallpaper so im sure it will get old pretty quick

OP
M

Matth3w

If they fix the lag etc... I think they will be cool to have. I haven't seen all of them but I am expecting some really cool ones to be released in the future.
The stock ones are pretty terrible.

There are like 3 that are related to sound and whatnot in some way. So like a needle on an amp that moves with sound from pandora.

One is a customizeable smokey moving one that you can change colors...best one imo.

One is like a moving star system/nebula thingy.

One is grass that blows in the wind and changes from night to day depending what time it is.

One is a hideous looking gray metal background with rainbow colored square "snakes" zigzagging throughout.

I think I am forgetting another one or two ugly ones.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I admit that when I saw a video of the choices the pond was the only one I liked.

OP
M

Matth3w

its a pretty cool "look what my phone can do" type of thing but im constantly changing my phones wallpaper so im sure it will get old pretty quick
I guess, but it's not very functional. Lags the screen and whatnot. Besides, most people's desktops are filled with icons and widgets so you can't see 95% of them anyhow.

Granted, I had a negative opinion about these before I went into it, but frankly I think they are worthless.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Work fine on Chevys rom. No lag, always running in the background @ 800Mhz. Nexus one is the best in my opinion. There are extra ones to be downloaded in the Market, including star field, fireworks, spinning earth.

OP
M

Matth3w

I admit that when I saw a video of the choices the pond was the only one I liked.
Oh yeah the leaves dropping on the pond, I knew I forgot one.

The only other one I thought was decent was the blades of grass, but frankly I think it would screw with the theme if your phone was themed dark and it switched to daytime or vice versa.

SinCitySRT4

Reaction score
I guess, but it's not very functional. Lags the screen and whatnot. Besides, most people's desktops are filled with icons and widgets so you can't see 95% of them anyhow.

Granted, I had a negative opinion about these before I went into it, but frankly I think they are worthless.

im with you on that boat thats why it was funny to me that people complained that the droid 2.1 update wasnt going to include them. i have no need or want for them. if they put them in the update good for them if not who cares

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

That's probably why Moto took them out of the OTA for the Droid (least according to the latest speculations, but I wouldn't doubt it). :icon_ devil:
Of course keep in mind also that Pete's ROM like others still isn't based on the actual 2.1 built for the phone either... so things may get a little better.

romeov

Reaction score

That's probably why Moto took them out of the OTA for the Droid (least according to the latest speculations, but I wouldn't doubt it). :icon_ devil:
Of course keep in mind also that Pete's ROM like others still isn't based on the actual 2.1 built for the phone either... so things may get a little better.

Could be, but my feeling is they kept them out to specifically try and set the Nexus One apart from droids a little now that we are getting 2.1, and it seemed an easy, non performance based way to do it.

audioman42

Reaction score
I enjoyed the live wallpapers while I had Pete's 2.1 installed, but I went back to 7.5 and will wait until the official 2.1 gets hacked before I go back.

To everyone holding their breath for live wallpapers on the official OTA 2.1 update: don't. The official 2.1 update will not have live wallpapers or the new launcher. Also, the delay will be longer now because they had to make more changes. I'm thinking Verizon is really picky about what all they will allow in the update...