Live Wallpapers=Slow and bouncy screen transitions

Reaction score
So when I have a live wallpaper running my transition from screen to screen is not fluid. very "jumpy". It's especially pronounced when opening the app tray. Kind of a delay and then it's still jumpy. Went back to a static wallpaper and that solved the issue.

No, I'm not rooted.

dhundley79

Reaction score
So when I have a live wallpaper running my transition from screen to screen is not fluid. very "jumpy". It's especially pronounced when opening the app tray. Kind of a delay and then it's still jumpy. Went back to a static wallpaper and that solved the issue.

No, I'm not rooted.

It has been driving me nuts since the update. I started deleting apps to see if that was the cause and this morning I removed live wallpapers and all is normal again. Mine is also not rooted (anymore)

psujames41

Reaction score
Funny... my screen transitions actually seem smoother when I have live wallpapers installed :icon_eek:

Big Cam

Reaction score
I love the live wallpapers and my scren changes are exactly the same as before the update.

No complaints here.

MrCapcom

Reaction score
I been running Helix and it seems to improve on the live wallpapers but I think the nexus port worked faster than the actual 2.1 DROID official im just gonna stay off live wallpapers for now

J

Johnly

I am using helix launcher, (and have been after the update) and the live wallpapers on 7 screens are really smooth, much better than the static 2.01. That said, some wallpapers from the market are not optimized for the droid yet and can be buggy.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score

No, I'm not rooted.

If you don't care about the transitions go to Settings -> Sound & Display -> Animation and set it to No Animations. That is what I did and it is much faster (but maybe not as cool looking).

iPirate

Reaction score
I have used the droid livewallpaper from 2 minutes after I got 2.1 until now and have not noticed any difference in speed on anything.

Are you using a graphic intense live wallpaper? I imagine some in the market are not optimized and while they look cool they are killing your battery and taking a lot of cpu power

nphil

Reaction score
use live wallpapers that use the graphics hardware to render. The default neural network wallpaper uses the cpu, and a lot others do.

91jolson

Reaction score
In my experience the LWP's based off Neural Network (like NexusMod) run the smoothest and coolest. The audio visualizer's (I think thats proper term) also work really well. Ive nevr had a FC with those, while I used to get them all the time with Starfield/Digital Rain LWP's.

Running Helix 1 w/ UD 9

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I won't run lwp unless I am overclocked. I just can't tolerate the choppiness.