Live wallpapers from the market?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jrl9851, Feb 25, 2010.

1. jrl9851

jrl9851 New Member

I read somewhere that you can get live wallpapers from the market if you make your phone think it's a nexus one or something lol. How do I do this?
  2. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

If you are rooted and your rom allows it, just install it (type live wallpapers) and it will be in your cache when you long press to install wall papers. It will be under live wall papers. The live wall papers from the market are buggy.
  3. UggTheThug

UggTheThug New Member

i must respectfully disagree, im running simply stunning 2.0.2 which is a 2.1 build and im using the flying through stars wallpaper and it has not shown 1 sign of failing, no fcs no lag...i guess it just depends on what u use
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Since the topic is over here I may as well ask as opposed to starting a new thread. I so far have not been impressed with live wallpaper. It's not that I don't like the idea, I'm just not seeing anything that looks well with my beautiful home widget which I refuse to give up. The only one so far that I've seen that looks good is galaxy.

Anybody have some good recommendations? Something that goes well with beautiful home? And something that won't suck the life out of my battery?

Asking for too much? lol
  5. rstone

rstone New Member

In order to see, download, purchase live wallpapers you have to make the market think your running 2.1 first, and that is done by either getting a ROM that has already done this for you OR using a program like Root Explorer to go into your /system directory and editing your build.prop file and finding the line that say ro.build.version.release then changing it to = 2.1
  6. roberj13

roberj13 New Member

Actually you have to edit the /system/build.prop file. Change 'ro.build.version.sdk=6' to 'ro.build.version.sdk=7'

Then they will show up in the marketplace.
  7. UggTheThug

UggTheThug New Member

not really, there is something on the market called Substrate Live Wallpapers. It has many different patterns all with the same type of movement, gradual appearance. Best thing for u is that it is designed to improve battery life over other live wallpapers, says so in the description

so go ahead and try it out, but u are right some people are not impressed, i just see it as another cool thing to tinker with
  8. cisco0910

cisco0910 New Member

I paid $.70 for all the lil sperm one. simply amazing and always gets people to laugh
  9. elgordo123

elgordo123 New Member

I found an awesome wallpaper app called "WorldTour" I dont know if it is considered live or not. I dont think it is. Anyway it takes snapshots of webcams placed around the world. It can be set to grab a snapshot from a random webcam and you can set the update timing.
    So far I really love this wallpaper app, as my wallpaper now changes every so often (I set mine to 1 hour)
  10. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

Live Waterpaper Wallpaper v1.8 Application for Android | Themes

I have had pretty good luck with it, and am enjoying it. Default it creates a slideshow of wallpapers/pictures on your phone, and then submerges them in water. Dragging your finger across it creates ripples and touching it creates ripples. Does nothing when you don't touch it though. If you turn on the tilt option, it creates waves depending on the direction you tilt it. Personally I use a static background and tilt effect. I haven't noticed a large drop in battery. I am sure there is some, but I still manage to make it through a work day with 40% or so of battery, and I use my phone quite a bit on the job (Robo Defense and Homerun Battle 3D are staples in my daily routine).

The substrate ones are quite cool too. They can take a while to get going though, but they are really neat. Right now I am using interactive ones, but the substrates definitely make my top5 favorites.

Worth every penny. I don't have it as my daily paper right now, but I set it up to show friends. My wife gave me looks when I sat there and played with it for about 15 minutes, laughing the entire time. :) I am debating on going with a black and white look to my phone next time I decide to change the looks, which may mean that wallpaper will become my daily paper.
Search tags for this page

android live wallpaprs

w.live.wallpaprs