live wallpapers? confused.

cnmsales

Reaction score
Ok so I downloaded the helix app and I love it. It says it does live walls but I'm not understanding how to do this. I'm assuming I have to get special walls but where? If someone could break it down for me id appreciate it.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
long press on 'desktop' - select wallpapers, live wallpapers - enjoy!

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I don't have this option. When I long press and select walls it gives me three options 1gallery 2wallpaper gallery (home) 3wallpaper gallery (helix) when I select helix there is on wallpaper listed. An orange leaf. But when I select it the image is static. It doesn't do anything? Where do I get more live papers at and I should also mention this is the helix from the app market.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Are you rooted? I believe you have to have a 2.1 ROM installed to use Live Wallpapers. Either that or wait for the offical 2.1 to get here.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I don't really know anything about rooting, but I am thinking that the helix live wallpapers option might require it being on a rooted phone?

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
App is in the market and says live wallpapers. Doesn't mention anything about being rooted

SoCalMiles

Reaction score
App is in the market and says live wallpapers. Doesn't mention anything about being rooted

It supports live wallpapers (Interactivity). As of right now the only way to have live walls on your Droid is to root it. After the Droid 2.1 update, EVERYONE will have them. Till then....NO LIVE WALLPAPER FOR YOU!

Edit: The Helix Launcher will not magically bring you live walls...only support them if you have them! Same with any app on the market that says live walls.

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the clarification then. When this happens, where do you get live walls @?

Chatchie

Reaction score
live wallpaper is availible in the market, you just cant see it yet till you get 2.1.