LIVE WALLPAPER WARNING (I like them)

BostonBill

Reaction score
The have no practical use. I have been dead set against them. they use up memory and battery life. But you know Since I tried the water one, I've been spending way too much time watching the leaves float down my screen.

Zargon

Reaction score
I find myself randomly pressing the screen with the Nexus one.

If you didn't know already, search Live Wallpaper in the market and there are several free ones there.

nphil

Reaction score
They just make my app drawer laggy, so I decided against using them. Not sure about battery life though, since it uses the gpu to render

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the one Creepy Crawlies LivePaper. There's another free one called Breakout Legend Live Wallpaper. If someone can explain that one to me I'd sure like to know!

OP
BostonBill

BostonBill

Reaction score

If you didn't know already, search Live Wallpaper in the market and there are several free ones there.

I didn't. Thanks, I think. :)

ipawd1

Reaction score
Pledged against them. I like to use Launcher2 so I can have phone and browser on my screen at the bottom, and the two of those combined cause FCs.

mach330

Reaction score
I like the one Creepy Crawlies LivePaper. There's another free one called Breakout Legend Live Wallpaper. If someone can explain that one to me I'd sure like to know!

i'll have to check those out.

I don't like them as well in general as it makes my launcher laggy and overall the phone is not as fast. although bb 1.1 is quite fast and no fc close yet.

natty_lite

Reaction score

That I didn't know, I will hit the market ASAP to check those out.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

Haha lol when I had this as my wallpaper I always just randomly press repeatedly to watch all the colors lol!
I agree with the OP their really not useful but for some reason I like em because it makes the homescreens more alive? lol

Right now my all-time favorite is Starfield! :icon_ banana:

Last edited:
OP
BostonBill

BostonBill

Reaction score
"Right now my all-time favorite is Starfield! "

This one should come with a "please fasten your seat belt" warning :)

zenman77

Reaction score
I tend to like the water one and the spinning planet is pretty cool..... I'm sure that it does tax the battery though...... but I like them

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love Live Wallpapers, I dont know if people are just straight up leaving their screens on all the time or something but i am seeing little to no difference in battery life

ipawd1

Reaction score
I love Live Wallpapers, I dont know if people are just straight up leaving their screens on all the time or something but i am seeing little to no difference in battery life

Good point. Great actually.

But I think this doesnt allow your phone to sleep. Especially if you use LAUNCHER like most.

dneall7

Reaction score
I searched for "live wallpaper" but nothing came up that sounded anything like what you guys are talking about. Whats the specific name of the app? Thanks