Live Wallpaper..Matrix Code

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Im not sure if this is the right Forum but I have a question about one of the Live Wallpapers thats available on the Market.

Its a Matrix style wallpaper, (The Matrix - Live Wallpaper) that has the scrolling Matrix code coming down? Im sure you all have seen this. Anyway, theres a Youtube clip that shows a N1 with this style wallpaper but its incredibly fast. The one I got isnt half as fast.

Just was wondering if I had my phone rooted would I b able to speed up the scrolling of the code?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
is there no settings on the live wallpaper itself? like before you go to apply it there might be an option to change its settings (right next to apply wallpaper). not sure but just taking a guess

OP
cloudstrife05

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
There is a setting..for Code size and Max speed..but its still extreemly slow.

I tried running it on Stock Home Theme / Helix, no change.

I guess it was just a different app that was on the N1. Dont they run similar OS? I have stock 2.1

Vitticeps

Reaction score
try the Digital Rain wallpaper instead. It's much faster and looks better in my opinion. (it's another matrix style wallpaper)

OP
cloudstrife05

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
I tried the Digital Rain one and its kinda worse IMO. You can make it faster but the code looks like "cut & paste" strips..The other one is much cleaner IMO...maybe i'm just being picky.

I'm going to leave a link to that Youtube vid with the N1.

OP
cloudstrife05

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Ok, the 1st link is an Eris running supposedly the same app from the market.[video=youtube;maAuTwbqyBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maAuTwbqyBE]YouTube - Droid Eris Launcher2 Live Wallpaper - Enter The Matrix[/video]

2nd is the Nexus
[video=youtube;O1NB9eTGMsY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1NB9eTGMsY]YouTube - Matrix Live Wallpaper on Nexus One[/video]

Both have said that they got it from the market..I know that the Nexus is faster but my Droid runs like the Eris.

coolkidd

Reaction score
Wow... the Nexus One indeed renders it faster! I guess the 1Ghz SnapDragon is indeed impressive... I wonder if the Overclocked Droid can be this fast? Anyone with an overclocked droid can test this?

thx

OP
cloudstrife05

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Yes its a hugh difference....The Nexus is sooo smooth, where my Droid is sorta choppy.

RoNYC

Reaction score
Hi
I also have the digital rain and it seems to run as fast and as smooth as the one on the nexus. I have the "digital rain - live wallpaper" by phaseburn which one do you have?

OP
cloudstrife05

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
I have 2. One is from KittehFace Software..the other, Simosoft Projects....

Where did you get yours?...just checked the Market again, couldnt find it.

Last edited:

RoNYC

Reaction score
Search for "digital rain" in the market and it should be the first one.

OP
cloudstrife05

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Some of us must have it, and some of us don't. I have 2 Livewallpapers titled "Digital Rain" made by KittehFace Sofeware..thats it and one other made by simoSoft Projects

Edmvr6

Reaction score
Some of us must have it, and some of us don't. I have 2 Livewallpapers titled "Digital Rain" made by KittehFace Sofeware..thats it and one other made by simoSoft Projects

Are u running 2.1?