Live TV/Video With Orb - WORKING!

kcs32787

Reaction score
yep i have been using this for about a week now as well. i wish there was a better app out there for it instead of using the browser but oh well.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
anybody recommend a good tv tuner for digital cable (probably USB)? let me know, thanks

OP
D

dlucid

Reaction score
Yes an Orb app for android would be ideal. Has anyone had any luck getting a better picture using wifi? It seems to come in over both 3G and Wifi for me but I havent seen any real picture quality differences between the two. When I pump it up to 500kb on wifi it seems to start dropping out so I have been staying at 320kb all the time. During fast motion scenes the low bitrate really shows its face (digital artifacts) as you would expect but would like to up the bitrate high enough to get rid of it over wifi.

Last edited:
OP
D

dlucid

Reaction score
UPDATE: I have now noticed more often then not the audio is out of sync with the video by almost a full second and I cannot figure out why this just started happening. Anyone else have an idea?

kcs32787

Reaction score
mine usually syncs back up if I press pause for about 15 seconds. just me though. hope that helps.

dism

Reaction score
nice, i got orb to work. was able to access my hard drive and watch movies play music and also internet tv.

coolkidd

Reaction score
been using this as well.... although I really miss using slingplayer mobile..... I hope SlingMedia supports it next year!

gentlefury

Reaction score
Still doesn't work tho, i set it as default, went to mycast.orb.com it only gives me the stcok player or some emulators as an option to open it....tried the orblive app, it doesnt work either...whats the secret???

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
Still doesn't work tho, i set it as default, went to mycast.orb.com it only gives me the stcok player or some emulators as an option to open it....tried the orblive app, it doesnt work either...whats the secret???

When you log into orb with either the stock browser or dolphin go to settings and set streaming to 3gp.