1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

live help wit droid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by LdaSense420, Apr 5, 2010.

1. LdaSense420

LdaSense420 New Member

Hey guys sorry noob here...just wonderin if theres anybody in So. Cali willing to give me a quick tutorial about hackin the droid for a fee ofcourse. Im not a psycho or nething. Def be willing to meet in public place. If u are willin to give me a crash course please PM me so we can discuss details. Ive spent the past wk since i got my droid readin and treyin to learn everything but sum of the stuff i jus cant make sense of. Sorry if this is the wrong place tp post this.
  2. gavron

gavron New Member

3. LdaSense420

LdaSense420 New Member

So im guessing i will need to downgrade to 2.0.1? Can u get sp recovery from the app market cuz i looked it up but cudnt find it so i was thinkin its maybe bcuz i got 2.1 so its not compatible. Thx for the reply
  4. gavron

gavron New Member

5. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

SPRecovery doesnt come from the market and clockwork recovery indirectly does (its included in rom manager)
  6. gavron

gavron New Member

Nobody said it did. It comes from the DroidMod. (See above).

Yeah, and look how many threads there are for people wanting to go from CLR back to SPR.

See my initial response. Download DroidMod. Let it root, install SPR. Enjoy. It's not on the market, but it's free, and it's good.

E
  7. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

my fault that was in another topic I was reading.

I havent had a problem with clockwork so far and if there are slight problems I can look past them since I love rom manager.
  8. LdaSense420

LdaSense420 New Member

Thsnx for input guys...will try tonite...jus one more question...will i need to buy any apps to do this process or are there any apps u guys think i shud buy that will help the droid runn even better?
  9. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

Yes you will need to buy a few apps, depending on what you want to do. To OC you need to buy SetCPU, if you want an easy backup solution you should buy Titanium Backup, to browse the full filesystem you'll need to buy root explorer, Temp Monitor is good for viewing CPU and battery temps but I cant remember if its free or not, linpack is a paid app and its good for benchmarking.

I'd suggest you try (and then buy!) rom manager since its the easiest solution to install, update and backup your roms since you can do the first two over the air.
  10. LdaSense420

LdaSense420 New Member

i c. so i should buy these after im done rooting though rite? or can i jus back them up into my SD card and reinstall after im done with all that...and i apologize for so many questions but i jus want to shut my friends up once and for all and let them kno that, there is life after iphoney...
  11. LdaSense420

LdaSense420 New Member

alrite guys thanx for all the help...wont be needing any live help haha...suit-ed and rooted...
  12. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

see it wasnt that hard :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  13. gavron

gavron New Member

And just to help the newbies (sorry you're no longer one ;-) how did you do it?

Ehud
  14. LdaSense420

LdaSense420 New Member

Well first i followed the instructions on the link u gave me to unbrick my fone...then i followed ur intruc on droid mod and rooted 2.0.1. After messin around with everything i realized i mite as well upgrade to 2.1 with root so i followed petes(?) Instruc and voila. Got all the apps brand told me bout(which are very useful indeed) rite now im runnin cyanogen mod with the buuf rom. Oh i also downloaded the beskit kernel and overclocked to 800(which im still messin around with cuz i still dunt fully understand it). It was a ton of reading but well worth it. To anybodys thats reading this FOLLOW THE INTRUC TO THE TEE. The guys here kno wat theyre talkin bout but ub have to pay attention. I almost bricked my fone while flashing back to 2.0.1. Cuz it said failed at 99% on rsdlite so i almost unplugged my fone but sumhow (not sure if this wrks for everybody) i double clicked on the line on rsdlite that said failed and boom the fone rebooted and im bak to stock. And rom manager may be 1 of the best apps ever made(?) THANX AGAIN GUYS.