little tiny Update

applemac

Reaction score
Could it be? NO! I am installing right now. So exciting! C'mon, be jellybean! NOTHING...DANG IT! Sorry about that.
it was a Google security patch.

SIIG

Reaction score
Don't install this update you will lose root access.

Kaos2flo

Reaction score
That's true. You can keep root using the above. But I have not found a reason to root this device. On my older devices, I couldn't wait to root and do things to optimize the phone. But the HD is perfect in my opinion and even if there improvements with root, idc! Lol

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I do it mainly for apps that have extra features that require root, like Widget Locker. And I bought Root Explorer in 2010 so I just use that as my file manager. Nova Launcher also has features that require root, didnt know that until the other day.

dan.dar

Reaction score
I used root to fix the gallery app so that it would show my picasa/google+ photos. The app Motorola includes is not stock gallery app.

Sent from my MAXX HD.

SIIG

Reaction score
I lost my root access due to this *tooty fruity update..Does anyone know how to get it back ?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It gave me data drops... idk how..all I know is I didn't have them before, but now after the ota last night... I have data drops... :mad::mad::banghead::banghead:

naykam0810

Reaction score
Stuck in fast boot after OTA

Good Afternoon. I am rooted on the Droid Razr Maxx HD. This morning I downloaded the 0.7.2 update and click install. The phone went to the AP fastboot flash mode screen and game an error of: Failed to hac check for recovery: 0x56, Fastboot reason: Boot failure. I tried hard reset and soft reset with no luck. I can turn the phone back on, but it will shut down automatically into the fastbood screen again. I have RSD lite installed, but don't know if I can push the files directly to the phone and maybe fix it that way, Please Help

naykam0810

Reaction score
Thanks, found the file, downloading now. It's a big file so waiting to finish up. Thanks again, hopefully will work, I am currently in virginia and we have the hurricane passing thru and with no phone sucks.

SIIG

Reaction score
Thanks, found the file, downloading now. It's a big file so waiting to finish up. Thanks again, hopefully will work, I am currently in virginia and we have the hurricane passing thru and with no phone sucks.

Always have a backup phone just in case for times just like these..I have an old razr from 5 years ago and works better then my S3 (POS)..Good luck !!

jacomoman

Reaction score
Instructions for modifying gallery app to show picasa pics

I used root to fix the gallery app so that it would show my picasa/google+ photos. The app Motorola includes is not stock gallery app.

Sent from my MAXX HD.

Can you please point me to instructions on how you did this? Either step by step here or a link to a page somewhere with details. I just got my Razr Maxx HD and rooted it fairly easily. I just need to know how to get the gallery app to show my picasa photos/videos.

Thanks,
Jac